South University - Austin, TX

4 hours ago, ItIsASunnyDay123 said:

Hello! I am just thinking about applying to South Univ Austin but I am worried I may be too late in the game since it is a rolling admissions. What do you guys thing? Laos, there is no supplemental or extra questions that need answering on the application correct?? Just checking! 

I think you should go for it! I felt like I applied later (submitted mid July) and was invited to interview at the end of August! As long as you meet the pre-reqs and have a complete application, the worst case is they reject you and best case you get an acceptance!

On 8/11/2022 at 11:23 AM, MercyFalls said:

Congrats, that is so exciting! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Not at all, here they are:

cGPA: 3.48

sGPA: 3.45

Volunteer/leadership/extracurricular: 421 hours

Shadowing: 120 hours

HCE: 515 hours

PCE: 1370 hours

GRE: 304, writing 3.5

cGPA: 3.48

sGPA: 3.45 Volunteer/leadership/extracurricular: 421 hrs HCE: 515 hrs PCE: 1370 hrs GRE: 304, writing 3.5 Letters: MD, work study boss, science prof, public health prof, academic advisor

Edited by nazadi

35 minutes ago, PA140 said:

Hey! I got the email that says what an incomplete application is but then the emails says that if you have all this you are complete. Do they email you again after that email with any updates? Or email saying that they know you are complete?

I think it kind of serves as their ‘application received’ email - I didn’t receive any email after that one with updates necessarily. The next email I received after that one was an interview invitation. Their admissions coordinator is really helpful and friendly and I’m sure could answer any questions if you’re unsure if your application is complete

4 minutes ago, PAstudent234 said:

I applied late May and also haven’t heard aside from my confirmation email

I guess they don’t like late applicants then. I didn’t even get a look over. They just straight up was like NOPE 👎🏼. Bye    I was actually really shocked. I’ve had 3 interviews so far. So to not even get someone to consider my application seemed rude. I paid my fee like everyone else.  I got an email one day saying they received it and the very next day they rejected it.  I know for sure they just canned me without even reviewing my application 

30 minutes ago, CoriC said:

I guess they don’t like late applicants then. I didn’t even get a look over. They just straight up was like NOPE 👎🏼. Bye    I was actually really shocked. I’ve had 3 interviews so far. So to not even get someone to consider my application seemed rude. I paid my fee like everyone else.  I got an email one day saying they received it and the very next day they rejected it.  I know for sure they just canned me without even reviewing my application 

I applied mid-July and received an interview. 

15 minutes ago, BayouCoco said:

That would explain why they outright rejected me without even looking at my application. They needed to contrast caspa so people aren’t wasting money 

That’s strange. I submitted this past sunday (8/28) and received an email stating they received my application the next day. Haven’t been rejected yet. Now I’m worried lol

3 hours ago, hellofuturePA said:

Can some verify if this is true. A representative from South University told me that they are not accepting new applicants, but the deadline to turn in application is Nov. so I’m quiet confused to why they are not accepting more applications.

5907AD3E-AF2E-4B48-98F2-43764ABF4712.png

I’m making a very strong educated guess (it’s just a guess. Don’t hold me to it). On their website, it says they  interviewing until October. I received my invite about a month before my interview, so they probably have extended all of their interviews that they wanted to already. 

3 minutes ago, brodygrody said:

I’m making a very strong educated guess (it’s just a guess. Don’t hold me to it). On their website, it says they  interviewing until October. I received my invite about a month before my interview, so they probably have extended all of their interviews that they wanted to already. 

I don’t think that’s the case or else we would have all received rejections if we haven’t been offered an interview yet.