Sign in to follow this  
rr6775

Accepted Students Winthrop Extension Center Class of 2015!!

I just got accepted last week and wanted to see if anyone else on here was accepted!! Let me know!

-Rachel :=D:

• Upvote 1

Congratulations Rachel! I will also be attending Winthrop starting in January as well. I'll be moving down from upstate New York. Where are you from?

I applied end of 2011/early 2012, I already graduated with a Bio degree from East Stroudsburg University with a GPA 3.4, sciences GPA 3.2. I have 250 shadowing hours, 200 volunteer hours in an ER and work in an ER as a secretary. Good luck!!

Have you found any advice on where to live? I remember reading that we may be spending a portion of the week at the Bayshore campus.

-Shawn

Congratulations to you all on acceptance. Do you all mind sharing what was the format of your interview and were there any questions regarding the current healthcare policies. Any help would be really appreciated.

I just got an email from touro Winthrop extension program that they hav receive my caspa application. Can someone please tell me how much did you guys have to wait for them to send you an interview invite?

I applied to Bayshore originally in September of last year and was invited for an interview in April. The waiting game is hard, but time eventually goes by and hopefully you will hear. Keep in mind, I don't think the deadline is until November 1st. goodluck.

I applied to Bayshore originally in September of last year and was invited for an interview in April. The waiting game is hard, but time eventually goes by and hopefully you will hear. Keep in mind, I don't think the deadline is until November 1st. goodluck.

Thank you.

How long after CASPA mailed your application did you receive an email that Touro received it? and wow waiting from Sept. till April for an interview that is an awfully long wait. I don't stop checking my email for updates!

Does anyone have information that would indicate whether this class has filled? My application didn't go in until the end of July and I'm wondering if I should concentrate on other Touro options. Also, did anyone apply to more than one Touro school? Did you send a separate secondary for each?

Does anyone have information that would indicate whether this class has filled? My application didn't go in until the end of July and I'm wondering if I should concentrate on other Touro options. Also, did anyone apply to more than one Touro school? Did you send a separate secondary for each?

You only mail in one supplemental application for all touro schools.

How long after CASPA mailed your application did you receive an email that Touro received it? and wow waiting from Sept. till April for an interview that is an awfully long wait. I don't stop checking my email for updates!

I am basically on the same page as you! I update my email every 2 mins :D

did anyone write the extra essay along with the supplemental application? do you think it would be crucial to your application or just go ahead and mail in the supplemental without it?

did anyone write the extra essay along with the supplemental application? do you think it would be crucial to your application or just go ahead and mail in the supplemental without it?

Don't scare me like that! I do not believe there is an "extra essay" as the statement listed under requirements is to follow CASPA guidelines. I took that to mean the statement already submitted through CASPA. There is no mention of another statement on the supplental form. Anyone else?

If there is an "extra essay" then I definitely do not see it. I only did the one through CASPA and the supplemental was composed of forms for PA shadowing, health care experience, and pre-reqs.

I got accepted as well, during the summer- just discovered this thread today. All of my ungrad credits were completed at Touro in Bayshore, and I'll be commuting from Westbury. Eager to start!

PS- feel free to msg me if you have any questions.

-Evan

For everyone that was accepted, how long did it take to find out that you were accepted from the time of your interview? How did they notify you of your acceptance? I was interviewed a week ago

If there is an "extra essay" then I definitely do not see it. I only did the one through CASPA and the supplemental was composed of forms for PA shadowing, health care experience, and pre-reqs.

lol sorry to scare you guys. there was an option to write an appeal along with the supplemental application. I got an acknowledgment from touro that they received my app and i just sent my supplemental a couple days ago. is there still hope for an invite?