PA vs NP vs OT

I'm having trouble figuring out which career I should go into. In less than a year I graduate with my bachelor's and I've took/taking the pre-reqs for:

- Occupational therapy

- Nursing (Accelerated 2nd bachelor's degree) then later NP

- And most of Physician Assistant

I always have wanted to be a Physician Assistant but due to family issues one of my semester lowered my grades substantially and my adviser told me I should reconsider my career path because my grades weren't competitive. I've also worked in an Alzheimer's and Dementia Unit along with an assisted living unit, and I completed my EMT certification program.

Just curious if anyone has been in the same issue or what are some Pros/Cons for each career in your opinion.

Along with ever hearing about someone going from RN to PA?

don't base ANY life decisions on what an "advisor" says. if you want something, go after it.

ever see "the pursuit of happiness" with will smith? " Don't let anyone tell you what you can't do, not even me" (dad talking to son).same idea

lots of folks go rn to pa. it used to be 33% of the profession were former rn's but that number is much lower now. probably 5-10%. slightly less than paramedics.

Guest hubbardtim48

I agree with the advisor thing also. My advisor was a "male body part below the navel" and said that I would never get into PA school and I think the only reason he said that is because he thought I was a "tech" and monkeys could draw blood. He never ever got the point that I was an RT nor did he even care to hear/look up what a RT does. He only cared about research and looks like I showed him...:)

Archived