Admissions Summer 2012

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All, I also spoke with April today and she asked if I would post her response "our" question..."Why calls for some and emails for others?" Her response was that the phone calls that began on Monday were taking too long and she wanted to let everyone know in a timely fashion, so she switched to emails and had planned to call everyone at a later date as soon as she could. It does not matter if you received a phone call or an email first, we are all in the same group...alternates and all. It also does not matter what time your email was sent/received. My advice is to take the secondary very serious! I am...in case you were wondering. (Sorry, I would put a smiley face here, but I can't bring myself to use emoticons)

Also, transcripts need to be sent, but she is in the process of uploading our Letters of Recommendation from CASPA so we do not need to request new ones. All of the secondaries will go to the SON on Jan 2 and final notifications will be made in mid January...and I (you) thought the wait was over. Heavy sigh.

Good luck! Please post any problems/solutions with the secondary so we can all get through this together. On that note...

GRE scores are not required.

Anybody discover anything else?

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd share some info that you may or may not already know. I received my "congrats" e-mail to complete my secondary and completed it almost immediately upon receiving the application (I had a little time on my hands...). On Wednesday (12/12), I received an accidental "rejection e-mail" from the admissions staff. I was hysterical, but knew that there had to be some kind of mix-up. So, I called and found out it was sent in error. But, within the e-mail, I found that there are a total of 35 slots, 5 alternates and thus 40 total secondary application invitations. Now, based upon the interview, we were told that if you received the e-mail, you were essentially in, but the secondary is a formality. SO......Im hoping that 5 of you folks decide Davis isn't for you and a spot is kept open for me so I can cancel my other interviews!!!!! :)

Happy Holidays!

Wam11, this is from the Admissions instruction letter;

Plans for Graduate Study

Academic program: What program are you applying? Nurse Practitioner applicants will select Nursing Science andHealthCare Leadership M.S. from the drop down list. Then select M.S. as your degree objective. Physician Assistant

applicants will select Physician Assistant Studies. Then select M.S. as your degree objective.

Congratulations on finishing!

Hey there! Congrats to those of who got an interview At UC Davis. I was at one of those interview dates in late October. Interview were pretty straight forwards and the faculty and staff are really nice!

Has anyone heard back from them? SON application for the school of Nursing is the next step? Does everyone got through the same process?

Thanks for your help!

Jon

Hi all! For those who are just applying to become a PA, what is the title of the master's degree upon completion? MS in Physician Assistant Studies? I am finishing up my essays but want to put the correct degree. Thanks!

Merry Christmas!

Hi wam11,

I don't think every program is the same, but most masters degree I have seen is just called MPAS... Masters in Physician Assistant Studies. It might also be MHS (Masters of Health Sciences), or MMSc (Masters of Medical Sciences). A hand full of programs still offer bachelor's degrees, associates degrees, and even just a certification. Generally, though, if you go to the doctor's office and see a PA, you will see it written as Joe Schmoe, PA-C, the "C" standing for "certified." That's because you're degree allows you the privilege of taking the PANCE, which gives you the national certification to actually practice as a PA. Good luck with your essay!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all! For those who are just applying to become a PA, what is the title of the master's degree upon completion? MS in Physician Assistant Studies? I am finishing up my essays but want to put the correct degree. Thanks!

Merry Christmas!

It will be a MHS (Masters of Health Sciences)

Specialk, I recieved an email today from SON stating "Your application for the MS in Nursing Science and Health-Care Leadership has been submitted for priority review. All transcripts and letters of recommendation have been received, your application is complete. Final admission decisions will be made by the end of March and announcements will be communicated by email." More waiting :/

Thanks NLara! I have not received that email yet, but did email April and she said we would know something in couple of weeks. Sooo frustrating... I want to not go to other interviews and give my spot to others who want it (ucd is my first choice) but am afraid to do that. Hopefully, we will all know soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived