Admissions Summer 2012

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working on my secondary app right now. I was told what this means that we have successfully passed our interviews. The secondary app is to the graduate school of nursing. Once that committee has reviewed our application they will have the final say regarding admissions. It's another hurdle to get over, but it's a good sign we have been choosen to move on. We are not accepted into the PA program just yet. We should know our future next month sometime. This is the first year that the PA faculty does not have a final say in choosing their students, the graduate committee will be making that decsicion here on out. My message was individual, I didn't see a group email list. Hope this helps folks. :)

I also got the secondary invite on Monday. I think that everyone who got one should be very excited, as they only sent those out to about 40 people (which includes 6 alternates, I think). As a current graduate student at UC Davis, I had to do this same process for the program I am in now (apply to the individual program and then also apply to the UC Davis Graduate School). Basically, it is more of a formality than actual screening process. I think that as long as you do a good job on the secondary application, you are in! Otherwise, they would have no one in the program bc they only sent out these invites to about 40 people. So....GET EXCITED if you got the email or call :) Congratulations to everyone! Did anyone who got one interview on the 25th of Oct?

I would think that the email would indicate if one was an alternate. Maybe they selected 38 instead of the 31 they approximated. I thought the PA faculty always recommended their selected students, only this time it is to SON and not family health and medicine department.

If anybody is sill curious, I spoke with April this morning who told me that official transcripts do have to be resubmitted, but we can submit our application prior to them actually being received. Also, the letter from her says PA applicants will not see a section for letters of reference, but I can so she told me to follow the same directions given to NP students, with the false e-mail addresses. Hope this helps anybody.

Thank you SpecialK! Of course, same to you! I was in group 1 and do not worry I'm not good with names only faces. It still feels surreal. I'm still such a nervous wreck because I'm still not sure what it means, but I not to be confused I'm beyond words or emotion extremely grateful for this opportunity.I just pray we have not come this far to be disappointed.

Archived