Can I ask a podiatrist to write LOR for schools that require PA/NP/physician LOR?

Hi there, I am currently working for a podiatrist and wonder if it would quality as a LOR from physician when he writes it for me. As far as I can tell, they are called podiatrist physicians often but some do make a distinction between podiatrist and MD. Will schools accept a podiatrist LOR the same as from a physician?

Honestly, in my experience, unless a school is super specific about what types of LORs they require, the quality of the LOR is the most important thing. A podiatrist is a healthcare provider on par with MDs and DOs.  I don't think anyone would look down on that LOR, especially if it's a great one! I say go for it. 

One other note, if you can, try to have at least one LOR from a PA. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

Agreed.  An LOR from podiatry is fine.  I had a LOR from my employer at the time (a DVM), former employer (owner of a dog training company), and the 3rd I can't remember if it was a college professor or another veterinarian I worked with.  This was 2005 though....things have change a little since then.  

• Like 1