CALIFORNIA: Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) - MSPAS

My assumption is that they offered acceptance to the first set of interviewers in November/December (since each interview session is about 20 people) & they denied a few too. For the January & future interviews they might have accepted a couple, denied a few & waitlisted the majority since they have to have a waitlist cushion equal or 2-3x more than their accepted class size. Which I’m assuming is around 40. Either way, I know this must be difficult for all of us and we’ve all worked so hard but don’t get discouraged and stay hopeful. Everything has its time & everything happens for a reason. Best of luck to you all! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, butterbeer said:

Hi everyone! I interviewed 1/13 and got accepted this week! I truly believe there will be a lot of movement in the waitlists due to it being a new program and some people choosing established programs over it. Don’t lose hope, I genuinely believe you will be in PA school by this time next year!

Congrats!!! Celebrate! 

On 2/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, butterbeer said:

Hi everyone! I interviewed 1/13 and got accepted this week! I truly believe there will be a lot of movement in the waitlists due to it being a new program and some people choosing established programs over it. Don’t lose hope, I genuinely believe you will be in PA school by this time next year!

Yes Congratulations!!! Did you ever get waitlisted? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 8:14 AM, hejiaali said:

Does anyone know when KGI will have their accreditation status posted? 

Hello! To my knowledge, the KGI MSPA program submitted their application and had their site visit this past fall. ARC-PA will have their meeting this March to decide if they will grant the program an Accreditation-Provisional status. The program will hear back about their accreditation status shortly after their meeting, so around late March to early April we may know more information.

18 minutes ago, OptimisticPA said:

Great question, does anyone know?

From what I know from the admitted student luncheon, they already had their accreditation meeting with ARC-PA at the beginning of the month. They are basically waiting for a formal response before announcing anything! Hopefully we’ll officially hear back from them soon, but I only heard positive things when talking to the faculty. 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ocho8a said:

Hello future PAs!! I have been offered a seat from the waitlist to join the inaugural class of KGI. Call came in about 3pm today. I am super excited to join the class and I am looking forward to growing together. 

That’s awesome! Are you planning on attending? 

Congratulations to those who have been accepted! 

Does anyone happen to know how large their waitlist is? I'm currently on the waitlist and I'm so anxious. The program is my top choice and pretty much my only choice right now haha. The waiting period is killing me! 

Edited by angie96

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Futurepa54321 said:

Any updates on waitlist movement for those that have been waitlisted?

Last time I called they told me their class was full and the only way they’ll pull from the waitlist is if someone drops! Such a bummer since I was also waitlisted 😞