CALIFORNIA: Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) - MSPAS

Hey there,

I haven’t seen Keck Graduate Institute listed on any of the forums, so I figured I try to get one started. I believe they are a developing school with their first class starting in 2022. 

I’ve submitted my CASAP application, but have not received any confirmation emails or anything like that yet. 

If you have any information on this new program, feel free to share. 

Good luck to everyone applying!

Best,

Lane

I receive my app as well and received an email saying thank you, but they are unable to provide "confirmation" emails. I have not heard much about the program yet, but being a second round applicant I had more luck with the developing programs so I threw this one in there. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tchristopher said:

They reached out to me last week asking for a couple of documents pertaining to my application and said they were beginning review. They responded pretty quickly. Seems like things are rolling now. 

Oh sweet! Thanks for the update and will keep an eye out now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, dal10 said:

hi, I was wondering when you applied to the program? I have not heard back so just wanted to know. Also is it in-person or via zoom?

thank you in advance!! 

I applied in late June. And it will be zoom 🙂  8-2p? I think. 
goodluck!!! I think they are just barely starting to send invites out. 

25 minutes ago, LosAngelesPAkers said:

Hi everyone! Congrats to those who recieved an interview. Do you think it is too late to apply to the program? 

I would go for it! I think they have only sent out 1 or 2 rounds of interviews so there is a good chance. I applied back in the beginning of September so I have yet to hear anything from this program, but I did apply pretty late to another rolling basis program and was just offered an interview. You just gotta decide if you want to "invest" your money on the application!

Congrats to those who got their interviews! I just got mine today after receiving rejections from 2 schools. Here are my stats for anyone that's curious. My GPA is below average to average at best with barely an upwards trend... I think they do look at an applicant holistically. Good luck to everyone! 

cGPA: 3.44

sGPA: 3.20

Last 40 GPA: 3.65 

PCE: 4,200+ as EMT 

HCE: 800 as ER volunteer, 80 as mentee in health program

Volunteer: 260 hrs (lab research), ~10 hrs (tutor), 6 hrs (animal shelter) 

Shadowing: 150 hrs (Ortho PA), 25 (Family Med MD), 19 hrs (virtual shadowing)

LORs: work supervisor, research lab PI, Anatomy professor, Ortho PA

Research: 1,200 hrs (undergraduate research in neuroendocrine lab)

Leadership: 210 hrs (student mentor)

Other: Pre-PA club mentorship with a PA program

23 hours ago, cvuong222 said:

Congrats to those who got their interviews! I just got mine today after receiving rejections from 2 schools. Here are my stats for anyone that's curious. My GPA is below average to average at best with barely an upwards trend... I think they do look at an applicant holistically. Good luck to everyone! 

cGPA: 3.44

sGPA: 3.20

Last 40 GPA: 3.65 

PCE: 4,200+ as EMT 

HCE: 800 as ER volunteer, 80 as mentee in health program

Volunteer: 260 hrs (lab research), ~10 hrs (tutor), 6 hrs (animal shelter) 

Shadowing: 150 hrs (Ortho PA), 25 (Family Med MD), 19 hrs (virtual shadowing)

LORs: work supervisor, research lab PI, Anatomy professor, Ortho PA

Research: 1,200 hrs (undergraduate research in neuroendocrine lab)

Leadership: 210 hrs (student mentor)

Other: Pre-PA club mentorship with a PA program

Congratulations! Can I ask when you submitted? 

To those who have received an interview invite, could you tell me who the email was from? Thank you! 
Also, I only received the email saying they saw I was looking into applying but I didn’t receive an email saying they received my application. Did you all receive the same email or am I missing one? Thank you! 

Edited by mgprepa25
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, rfm16 said:

Congratulations! Can I ask when you submitted? 

Thank you 🙂 I submitted on 7/6!

19 hours ago, mgprepa25 said:

To those who have received an interview invite, could you tell me who the email was from? Thank you! 
Also, I only received the email saying they saw I was looking into applying but I didn’t receive an email saying they received my application. Did you all receive the same email or am I missing one? Thank you! 

The email I received was from KGI! I actually did not receive a confirmation email from them stating that they got my application too. I had to email them to double-check that they had received it. They confirmed it pretty quickly!

Edited by cvuong222
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 11:45 AM, paxsoon said:

Just got an interview invite this morning! The November dates are full already, so I selected one of the December dates. So excited to meet some of you 🙂

It's kind of late but I'm considering submitting an application still... could I ask which dates there are in December?