Saint Francis NM Application Cycle 2021-2022

Hello, my name is Bethany Ford and I am the USF Student Academy Representative for the class of 2023. Congratulations on embarking on your journey to PA school, and I wish all of you to have a great cycle this year. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. If I can give any advice as interview season will be upon us soon... practice practice practice! Get comfortable answering interview questions. Really nail down why you want to be a PA. And finally, be yourself. The right school for you will just feel right. Remember the goal is not just to get in anywhere you can, you want to find somewhere that you feel the culture will help you thrive during PA school. Once again I wish you all the best this cycle, good luck! You got this. I am excited to see some of you during interviews here soon. 

Sincerely,

Bethany Ford PA-S1 

USF Student Academy Representative

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, slsorange said:

Hi @BethanyF, thank you so much for your insight and willingness to help. I'm definitely excited for my upcoming interview and getting a better idea of the program! What do you think makes University of St. Francis PA program stand out, coming from a current student perspective? 

I really love the culture and art found in New Mexico, its a really unique place to live, known as "the land of enchantment", which if you've been here, you can understand why. As for our program, I think our focus on diversity and community service really sets us apart. Also, our students are truly amazing. I have watched those in the cohorts above me as well as my own cohort really give PA school and various leadership roles their all, attempting to make a difference in the PA profession, which I am very passionate about and it is inspiring. Being in a smaller cohort has allowed me to really get to know other students and build those relationships.  Being unattached to a medical school also has its perks, namely the faculty is solely focused on the success of the current PA students. Overall PA school is hard but I truly couldn't be happier at any other school because its right place for me! I feel supported by the faculty, other students in my cohort, to be the best I can be. Every PA school has its perks and drawbacks, there is no perfect school, but I hope that wherever you interview this cycle you truly try to get a glimpse into the schools you go to and see if you are a good fit there. That will be everything in terms of succeeding in a rigorous program. 

Bethany Ford PA-S1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, PAoneDay7 said:

Does anybody know the actual start date of this program? 

Hi! My name is Shara and I am the class president of the class of 2023. USF is a January-start program and, while the exact start date may differ per class, it will likely be within the first 2 weeks of January. For example, our class started orientation on January 7th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this program conducts drug tests, does anyone know when? Prior to the start of the program and before clinical? I take CBD for chronic migraines and I have to make sure I don't take any close to any drug tests because I've heard it can make your test come back positive even though there is no THC. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...