TTUHSC 2021-2022 Application Cycle

8 hours ago, amazingIam242 said:

Yes I remember reading it as well. To sum it up for yall, a couple students got caught cheating and they got expelled from the program (as they should have) and since then, those people have been salty about it. The dude created a bunch of accounts to impersonate other people but it ended up getting caught by one of the moderators. However, I am not sure whether it is the same group of people though. Anyway I will take anything that is said here with a grain of salt as nothing stood out of the normal during my Q&A with students.

I remember reading about staff turnover, lack of support, and other issues. I think we are referencing two different conversations maybe. A faculty/staff member (can't remember which) came onto the forum to offer some insight but has since left the program as well. I'm honestly not sure!

I would just advise people to check the matriculation versus completion percentages for any program they are applying to. Of course your success is mostly in your hands but it is always something to consider. 

Edited by tx808

3 hours ago, tx808 said:

I remember reading about staff turnover, lack of support, and other issues. I think we are referencing two different conversations maybe. A faculty/staff member (can't remember which) came onto the forum to offer some insight but has since left the program as well. I'm honestly not sure!

I would just advise people to check the matriculation versus completion percentages for any program they are applying to. Of course your success is mostly in your hands but it is always something to consider. 

Yes, it's part of the same thread where a few students and 1 faculty member came in to offer their insight about those allegations (did some diggings about that faculty member and she seems to be fully practicing at one big hospital in Dallas now). One of the mods joined in the convo as well and found out that the person behind it created 2 different accounts with the intention to mislead others about the program. Either way, I agree with you on the bold text, people should do their research before committing to any program. 

Current Texas Tech PA student here.

I remember checking this forum often so I thought I'd offer some insight. Some of us in the program were accepted soon after our invites but I've heard a lot of people who accepted invites mid-Spring. 

To address previous comments. Apparently, there was an incident of cheating with a student and they were expelled. Honestly if you have to cheat....I would not want you as my provider and I would question what values you would even have them. I hope that whatever program you choose will also prioritize academic integrity.

I feel like there is really good support from the faculty. If I need help, they are always available. Like in any program if you are struggling with a concept you have to learn it asap. There is a lot of information coming at you and no one can learn it for you. If you wait until after an exam to reach out for help it is too late and the fault can only lie on yourself. They have given us access to outside resources like Osmosis which has been awesome in learning concepts you might struggle with. PA school is a lot of work but it is worth it!

I chose Texas Tech over other offers and I'm 100% happy with my decision. Our instructors are amazing and are willing to help you with material you don't understand because they want you to get it! So far I feel I'm being prepared well to become a future PA!

Good luck in the admissions process!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just got accepted this week! Constantly have been checking this forum since May and now I can add a post lol! 

Here’s a timeline of how my application went:

CASPA completed 6/25

I received the email that tech got my CASPA and is reviewing it on 7/12

I received an Interview invite 10/28

I interviewed 11/12

Just received my acceptance email on Tuesday 11/30!

look forward to meeting everyone 🙂 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, prePArere said:

I just got accepted this week! Constantly have been checking this forum since May and now I can add a post lol! 

Here’s a timeline of how my application went:

CASPA completed 6/25

I received the email that tech got my CASPA and is reviewing it on 7/12

I received an Interview invite 10/28

I interviewed 11/12

Just received my acceptance email on Tuesday 11/30!

look forward to meeting everyone 🙂 

dang mine is almost exactly the same!! congrats on your acceptance! Did you join the fb group yet? I'm so excited to meet everyone and hopefully find a roommate lol

15 minutes ago, prepatex said:

Hey guys, I just got waitlisted from my interview on 12/03. Has anyone else been waitlisted after their interview? Also how should I feel about it?

No words of advice since this is my first cycle applying. But Did they email you today? And has anyone else heard anything from the 12/3 interview? I interviewed 12/3 as well and I haven’t heard anything.