TTUHSC 2021-2022 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!  Wishing everyone the best of luck during this application cycle.  I am a re-applicant & very hopeful for this cycle! CASPA app was submitted on 5/11, verified on 5/12.

Education: Bachelor’s in Holistic Health & Wellness, with a Psychology minor

Patient Care: 9,432 hours (as a clinical trials coordinator, phlebotomist, PT tech)

Healthcare: 3,680 hours

Volunteer/Shadowing: 781 hours (gynecological oncology, pediatric oncology, integrative medicine)

Teaching: 315 hours

• Like 3

Hi y'all! Question for those who have submitted for Tech. I took general psychology and got an A-, but then took human sexuality (labeled PSY3705) and got an A. Will human sexuality count as the psychology prerequisite, or should I just submit the general psych class to be safe? I cannot find anywhere on their website a distinction that it must be general psych but I do not want to be wrong, since it does not say explicitly that it could be any psych class. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone!

47 minutes ago, blandry said:

Hi y'all! Question for those who have submitted for Tech. I took general psychology and got an A-, but then took human sexuality (labeled PSY3705) and got an A. Will human sexuality count as the psychology prerequisite, or should I just submit the general psych class to be safe? I cannot find anywhere on their website a distinction that it must be general psych but I do not want to be wrong, since it does not say explicitly that it could be any psych class. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone!

I have just been selecting multiple classes for some stuff. For example, some programs ask for micro and I took micro and med micro, so I will submit both.

•  
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody,

I submitted my application on May 31st. On June 6th I got an email to pay the $75 application fee. On June 24th I got an email saying my application was complete and they received Ed everything. But then on June 26th I got another email saying to create my online account and to pay another $50 fee. Did anyone else get this email? I’m very confused as I already paid a fee and got an email saying everything was complete. 

7 hours ago, janelle23 said:

Hey everybody,

I submitted my application on May 31st. On June 6th I got an email to pay the $75 application fee. On June 24th I got an email saying my application was complete and they received Ed everything. But then on June 26th I got another email saying to create my online account and to pay another $50 fee. Did anyone else get this email? I’m very confused as I already paid a fee and got an email saying everything was complete. 

I completed the supplemental application and paid the $75 fee but have not received anything about another $50 fee. I did get the email saying my application and preliminary evaluation was complete. This additional fee doesn't sound right to me. I would email them to clarify! 

On 6/28/2021 at 6:34 AM, janelle23 said:

Hey everybody,

Hi, not sure if this helps. On their website I found the following under the FAQs. Maybe they brea the 125 into the 75 and 50?: 

Is there a fee for “guaranteeing” my position in the program?

Yes, there is a $125, non-refundable placement guarantee fee. This fee amount is subject to change

On 6/29/2021 at 8:20 PM, MaddieQ said:

Hi, not sure if this helps. On their website I found the following under the FAQs. Maybe they brea the 125 into the 75 and 50?: 

Is there a fee for “guaranteeing” my position in the program?

Yes, there is a $125, non-refundable placement guarantee fee. This fee amount is subject to change

I believe that is referring to the seat deposit that you must put down after accepted to hold your spot! I don’t think that is a supplemental fee, but I could be wrong!

I never got a confirmation either but called to make sure it was all done on my end and it is. All my check marks were green as well.  They said I’d get an email in about 48 hours, which was a few days ago and still nothing. But knowing I’m done with my part is nice. They are really nice and helpful if you call. 

• Like 1

YES! My letter was submitted on 5/18 for one of my evaluators and on 7/7 they changed her status to accepted. Another peer expressed the same issue, to which CASPA replied this was impossible and would only happen if it was requested. I did have a school, Emory and Henry, reach out to me requesting I provide the letters personally because of this issue. 

@FLJ1129 sorry, I didn't tag you in my last reply. Wanted to provide an update. My letter that this happened to was within a hospital where the automatic browser is Internet Explorer- but has weird restrictions because of its hospital use. Because of this, it did not save her responses on the ratings scale they are provided. I sat with her today while she called CASPA and they had to go in and manually reset her letter so that she could open the link using chrome in order for the answers to be saved. If the answers are not saved, they basically eliminate that the evaluator has even ever met you.