2021-2022 KNOXVILLE Application cycle

On 2/3/2022 at 1:00 PM, Ansley said:

Hopefully I am replying right...

Congrats!! I just got an email this morning about an interview which is on 2/18. Do you have any tips for the interview? How was the personal interview compared to the group interview?

Thanks!!

Congrats on your interview!!

I’m not the original poster, but I did interview on 1/21 and was accepted. The only thing that matters is the group interview! My group was comprised of 4 of us and 3 faculty members. They asked us 4-5 questions that we each answered one by one. It was super laid back and I agree that I think they were looking for honesty and straight forward answers. The “individual interview” is really just when they tell you if you were accepted/waitlisted/etc. I imagine it’s more of a feedback session if you end up getting waitlisted - since I was accepted they just walked through some information and gave me places to go since I was visiting from out of town.

Faculty and students were all super nice and the whole day was chill, so don’t stress too much (if you can)! Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know one person has already said, but I’m wondering if others who have interviewed could also confirm the approximate time that interviews have concluded on interview day. I’m also just trying to get a better idea of my travel/flight plans as I received an interview invite today for March. Thanks! 🙂 Also, in general would you say the group interview questions were more PA-profession based or more personal? I understand if people think that is too much to disclose but just wondering if anyone has any advice or additional insight about the group interview or any part of the day! Congrats and good luck to all!

17 hours ago, lrncpa said:

I know one person has already said, but I’m wondering if others who have interviewed could also confirm the approximate time that interviews have concluded on interview day. I’m also just trying to get a better idea of my travel/flight plans as I received an interview invite today for March. Thanks! 🙂 Also, in general would you say the group interview questions were more PA-profession based or more personal? I understand if people think that is too much to disclose but just wondering if anyone has any advice or additional insight about the group interview or any part of the day! Congrats and good luck to all!

From my experience last year, group interviews take place mid morning. Then you go on a tour of the school. After, interviewees are slowly called back to find out if they have been accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. It’s hard to say exactly when you’ll be out, but expect between ~2-4pm. As far as questions, it’s sort of impossible to say because different sets of students are interviewed at the same time with different sets of staff. From what I could gather, there weren’t a ton of repeated questions from group to group. It’s very laid back all things considered. I would just gently prepare for a handful of common, general interview questions. Otherwise, just try your best to relax, and be honest and authentic! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pa202276 said:

From my experience last year, group interviews take place mid morning. Then you go on a tour of the school. After, interviewees are slowly called back to find out if they have been accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. It’s hard to say exactly when you’ll be out, but expect between ~2-4pm. As far as questions, it’s sort of impossible to say because different sets of students are interviewed at the same time with different sets of staff. From what I could gather, there weren’t a ton of repeated questions from group to group. It’s very laid back all things considered. I would just gently prepare for a handful of common, general interview questions. Otherwise, just try your best to relax, and be honest and authentic! 

Thank you so much! This is so helpful. I really appreciate it!

On 3/2/2022 at 12:25 PM, lrncpa said:

Does anyone know if South lets people know what spot on the waitlist they are?

I interviewed at South last year. One of the current students told me that if they waitlist you, they also give feedback about how your application can improve. If you make efforts toward some of that improvement, you can write a letter to the director of the program (who set up the interviews) letting them know, and they will often let you in. 
Again, this is secondhand info from a current student, but it’s worth a try if they wanted you to improve something like GRE, PCE or shadowing hours. Good luck!! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 11:14 AM, Tmasbama said:

Has anyone gotten an interview invite for April? Or does anyone know how many seats are left?

Hopefully I am replying correctly but I received an interview invite just over a week ago for April 22nd. Hope this helps I have no idea how many seats remain. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was waitlisted on the April interview, wondering if anyone is able to comment on any movement on the waitlist for this school? I know my interview was a later one so wondering how deep they would have to get in the waitlist to get to me, and how late could it realistically happen.

Hey! So I actually interviewed a few weeks ago for the next cycle (starting October 2023) and we talked to current students at the interview. One of the students I spoke with (I believe she was a S1) said that for her class, the whole waitlist was emptied and they actually even had to do a few more last minute interviews for people who ended up matriculating a few weeks after they interviewed. So it sounded like your odds are pretty good for getting off the waitlist. Good luck, hope it works out! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi y'all! I've started my application for the 2022-2023 cycle, but was wondering if there is anyone that is applying/has applied that is still in school. I will be graduating nursing school in December and have all of my prereqs including shadowing and direct patient care hours. I was wondering if applying before I get my BSN would hurt my chances of being accepted even though I meet all of the requirements. I appreciate any feedback! 

• 1 month later...