2021-2022 KNOXVILLE Application cycle

Hello everyone! I didn't see a post for this year's cycle so I'm super excited to start it. I"m very nervous about applying. Last year I only applied to about 3 schools because I didn't take the GRE. 

My undergrad GPA is very low so I'm stepping out on faith here, but my science gpa, postbacc gpa, and graduate gpa are all at least 3.0. 

Here are my hours: (I tried to overcompensate to offset the low GPA)

PCE: 8,000+ hrs as a Clinical research coordinator and PT aide

Research: 1,720 hrs

Extracurricular: 1,327 hrs 

Volunteer: 686 hrs (including Guatemala medical mission trip)

Shadowing: 100 hrs (dermatology, oncology, hematology, orthopedics, emergency medicine, internal medicine, thoracic surgery, and otolaryngology)

Leadership: 41 hrs

Teaching: 6 hrs

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!! 

• 1 month later...

I’m not sure if any class of 2023 students will see this, but I am a current South College PA student (in Knoxville) and moving out of my apartment end of July/mid August. If anyone is looking to by furniture I am selling all of mine at a good price! And selling some textbooks too!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CaitlinR99 said:

Also received an interview invite for Aug 20! I read on their website that they start classes in Sept/Oct but it does not give a year. Does anyone know if the program starts in 2021 or Sept/Oct 2022?

They start a new class every year in Sep/Oct. This current cycle would be for Sep/Oct of 2022 start date assuming you applied this cycle starting in April. Which is why it's confusing they are interviewing students already for next year when this year's class hasn't started yet. Unless they are trying to get a few more people for the class that starts in a few months. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

I am so excited to have received an invitation to interview at the Knoxville program! For those who have already visited, what time did interviews conclude? Just trying to make some travel plans 🙂 Best of luck to everyone who applied this cycle! You got this! 

Edited by TayPA

23 minutes ago, TayPA said:

Hi everyone! 

I am so excited to have received an invitation to interview at the Knoxville program! For those who have already interviewed, what time did interviews conclude? Just trying to make some travel plans 🙂 Best of luck to everyone who applied this cycle! You got this! 

Congrats! When did you submit your application?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 3:48 PM, TayPA said:

Hi everyone! 

I am so excited to have received an invitation to interview at the Knoxville program! For those who have already visited, what time did interviews conclude? Just trying to make some travel plans 🙂 Best of luck to everyone who applied this cycle! You got this! 

hi do you mind sharing you stats? also congrats on this accomplishment

Just interviewed yesterday and got accepted on the spot woo! For anyone who’s nervous, the interview process is relatively relaxed! the only time they truly ask you any questions was during the group interview (3-5 students at a time). Everyone gets asked different questions and honestly I didn’t have prepared answers for any of them- I think they were really looking for people not to give canned/rehearsed answers. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back or with upcoming interviews! 
*also I applied in mid June for anyone curious 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 2:08 PM, frisbeesquirrel said:

Just interviewed yesterday and got accepted on the spot woo! For anyone who’s nervous, the interview process is relatively relaxed! the only time they truly ask you any questions was during the group interview (3-5 students at a time). Everyone gets asked different questions and honestly I didn’t have prepared answers for any of them- I think they were really looking for people not to give canned/rehearsed answers. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back or with upcoming interviews! 
*also I applied in mid June for anyone curious 

Hi! CONGRATS! Were you the first interview cycle? Should I be worried if I haven't heard back yet?