I Have 10 Questions About Writing in PA (Need Help)

Hello everyone!

My name is Kou-Lai and I am actually an undergraduate student who has an interest in becoming a Physician Assistant. I am doing a project for one of my class and I have to interview a professional about their community. More specifically, we are focused on how different communities use different languages and writings to communicate to each other. I will be using your answers as part of my project (in the form of a presentation), but will remain anonymous. 

Please help me and Answer as freely as you would like. I really appreciate it!

1.      Do Physician Assistants communicate with other Physician Assistants, or people of other profession, often? How often do you communicate with other people during your day (even on your days off)?

2.      In what ways are you communicating with other professionals? Writing? etc? Are there specific ways you address, speak, or write to other professionals?

3.      What about non-professionals? If you meet students often, what differences do you see when speaking/writing to them compared to professionals?

4.      When talking to patients/people outside the community, how do you do so? Do you use a different way of speaking to them?

5.      What types of writing do PA professionals do on the job? Is everything (that is written) to be communicated? Or are they for any other purposes?

6.      Are there special documents, forms, or papers that are unique to a professional in the PA field?  How do they relate to the PA community? What are some details that are usually included on the documents?

7.      What is the most important type of document that a student should know/be able to produce? What special language or writing should a student use if they are interested in the PA career.

8.      What is the best way a student can approach this community? How can they start learning how to speak or write in this profession?

9.      Do you do research as part of the job? Do you do research outside the job? Is research part of the job?

10.  Can you share samples of the documents you’ve told me about today?   If not do you know of links, or websites, or other resources that would provide me with samples?

Edited by KouLai
Title was unclear.

• KouLai changed the title to I Have 10 Questions About Writing in PA (Need Help)

I'm going to paraphrase my answer to this with another response I gave recently to another very generalized set of questions. 

It would take me 30 minutes or so to answer your questionnaire. Maybe someone else here will do that, but I think that it's probably unlikely. You are asking for detailed responses to 10 questions (and many questions within those questions), along with requests for samples of written communications.

As a frequent responder to questions asked here, I have only so much time to be doing this. Probably others have the same issue. You might want to consider starting with something much more focused and try to build from there.

• Like 1