Suggestions on what to do after failing boards

Hello, 

I have taken the PANCE 5 times and failed each time. I have tried many different things including counseling and tutoring. 

I struggled through PA school and looking back I wish I would have done things differently. Despite that I did very well in rotations and even had multiple job offerings. I think taking the exam through the pandemic was in retrospect not a good idea since I developed test anxiety through PA school. I think I will try and take it one last time once things settle down and am able to be in a better mind frame. 

In the meantime I was wondering if anybody knew what kind of jobs I can do as a PA without the certification? I know that this is probably a long shot but I figured if I worked somewhere it would allow me to regain a better outlook on life. 

Thanks for reading, I appreciate everyone's help. 

Personally I wouldn't give up and decide that you just can't do it or that you have some permanent mental defect that will forever prevent you from passing any high-stakes exam. If I had to guess, you did OK in didactic but may have let yourself get psyched-out for the PANCE.

I would assess the PANCE areas I did poorly in, take a 4 day board review, calm down, and take it again.

Best wishes!

Other then the money, there is no loss in taking it your last attempt at passing the PANCE.  If you haven't done one of the 3-5 day board review courses, then do that.  Do one that refunds your money if you don't pass.  

You can look into medical device sales, medical science liason (hard without a doctorate), drug rep

You could probably get a job as a community college science professor, at least once students start signing up for classes again.  But first try hiring a tutor, doing a crash course, or whatever you need to do to pass on the 6th try.  Also get assessed for possible disabilities and get disability accommodations (like extra time) if appropriate.