What time frame is generally accepted from post-Covid with hospitalization and anti-virals to Immunization?

I was the patient and survived after five days of hospitalization with no vents or oxygen. My internist said thirty days after the disease that I had my immunization with Moderna at the VA at six weeks post Covid. The next day I had fever, chills, nausea,diarrhea, severe coughing and lethargy. Some other friends said I should have waited ninety days. This form is usually the most appropriate place to gather current information. thanks.

from CDC

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19.  Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. The possibility of getting COVID-19 again is lowest in the months after initial infection. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.

If you were treated for COVID-19 symptoms with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, you should wait 90 days before getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure what treatments you received or if you have more questions about getting a COVID-19 vaccine.

Experts are still learning more about natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity. For example, we won’t know how long immunity produced by vaccination lasts until we have more data on how the vaccines work in real-world conditions. CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

Honestly I would wait the 90 days, yes re-infection is possible but the antibodies should still be around - I have no data or proof of this, just a compilation of reading over the past year.....

The CDC said those infected COULD wait 90 days for vaccine if there was a shortage of vaccine etc.

The VA says you can have a COVID vaccine as soon as 14 days after resolution of symptoms.

The Vaccine will reactivate symptoms in those who have had the infection - it is like a mini deja vu back to COVID. 

One of our directors had a very vigorous reaction to her second vaccine 5 months after she had COVID.

I had a "noisy" reaction to the second vaccine and have never knowingly been infected.

Just how the vaccine works. See article in The Atlantic about immune response. 

90 days is presumed antibody vitality - could be 3 months, could be 6 months - we just don't know.

The vaccine can keep you from dying from COVID and MIGHT (I said MIGHT) help prevent spreading COVID based on newest info.

Re-infection with COVID is exceedingly rare but now we have mutations and the ride could get longer and more treacherous.

We will be in masks for a very long time to come and our whole world view and outlook has changed.

Now the US is freezing and I think the cosmos is really mad at human beings.......

• Like 1