Hello everyone, 

starting a thread for the new Canisius College PA program. I am currently applying to the program and wondering if anyone has heard about the program overall, or professors/admin. Anyone else applying and nervous about the provisional accreditation? Hoping this program turns out well! Starts January 2021. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 9:42 AM, SharkTank01 said:

Congratulations to everyone getting in!!! 

To those who got accepted, for those who may find it helpful, are there any tips/hits/factors that you can provide for how to nail your interviews?

Be personal answering questions and friendly are my biggest tips. They make sure to emphasize being yourself during the interview (not having a poker face & a robot personality)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShaSho said:

Got an acceptance call on Monday but I will decline due to an acceptance elsewhere. Hopefully this provides hope for someone. Congrats to you all and good luck in the future!

Good luck on your future endeavors!! Did you decline the offer today? I interviewed as well but got put on the wait list...hoping to maybe get some good news soon! @ShaSho

Edited by ccrocker13
  • Like 1

To those who got accepted, for those who may find it helpful, are there any tips/hits/factors that you can provide for how to nail your interviews?

Be yourself and confident in whatever you say. The faculty and staff were very friendly and made it easy to answer their questions. 

I believe the program is very oriented towards helping the community in the Buffalo area and how they can provide equal healthcare to all. For interviews, I believe shaping your answers into how you've helped the community and how you want to continue doing that in the future is your best bet. The interview was very relaxed for the two instructors with one applicant interview. The group ethical situation, they do not care what your group arrives at for an answer, but how your able to act professionally with other students. Our ethical situation was a top tier student who was caught cheating and we established that although we are a highly ethical profession there could be a situational as opposed to dispositional reason for the cheating, so to bring the student in for an interview and provide assistance to the student if there was a situational reasoning to the cheating. Hope this helps. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1