2020-2021 CYCLE

4 minutes ago, jjaquish said:

Just received an invitation to interview! Email said that they will be sending out a separate email to schedule the interview. I was verified on 6/24.

1 minute ago, Tsmith29 said:

I just got one too! So excited

Congrats both! I was verified on 06/30, so hoping for the best in the next week or so!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, cynthia1021 said:

Received an invite as well! Has anyone received any word on that follow up email with the date/time? 

I spoke with Deidra on Friday. She said we should be receiving an email on Monday 8/10 with instructions and a confirmation on date and time of our interviews. She said the interviews will be held the week of 8/17 (next week)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tsmith29 said:

I spoke with Deidra on Friday. She said we should be receiving an email on Monday 8/10 with instructions and a confirmation on date and time of our interviews. She said the interviews will be held the week of 8/17 (next week)

Thank you so much for this update! Good luck on your interview! 😀

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, tlgar said:

Submitted 5/11

Verified 5/12

Interview invite 7/31

Interview 8/27

Offer of admission 9/1 🙂

Good luck everyone!! Wondering if anyone else here has been accepted for the class of 2023?

What time did you get the acceptance? And was it by email or phone call?

sorry, I interviewed the same day and I’m super nervous lol. But congratulations on your acceptance!! 

@Csrierson The interview felt very natural and laid back since it was virtual. It felt as though they just wanted to get to know me as a person which was nice 🙂. They really got me excited about the program. Hope you hear back soon!

@Tsmith29 I was called around 2:20 PM. I wasn't able to answer since I was at work, but then received an email 30 minutes later. Thank you very much, and best of luck to you!!

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2020 at 6:00 PM, tlgar said:

Submitted 5/11

Verified 5/12

Interview invite 7/31

Interview 8/27

Offer of admission 9/1 🙂

Good luck everyone!! Wondering if anyone else here has been accepted for the class of 2023?

First off, congratulations! I, too, have been accepted! I had my interview on 8/21 and received the email/phone call on 9/1. I had such a great experience in my interview! Very personal and comfortable. I appreciated the passion for the PA profession and the program's success that I felt from the faculty. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, daniecki1 said:

Hey all, I am a member of the PA class of 2022 at Pfeiffer.  If anyone has any questions prior to acceptance about the program, living in Albemarle, etc. I would be happy to help out!  🙂

Hi! Thanks for posting! Couple questions for you...what is the housing situation like for you and your classmates? And how are clinicals done? Are they at the hospital there in Albemarle or will you have to travel for some of them?

@jjaquish  Hey, so I live in Albemarle in a house.  My husband works from home so we were able to move and buy here in Albemarle, anticipating growth of the town due to the school.  However, several students rent in Albemarle - some with roommates and some alone.  And then we have quite a few from Concord/ Charlotte who just commute every day.  

As to clinicals, we are still in didactic so I can't give you a 100% answer on that.  However, Albemarle does have a hospital and we have been told that there are clinical options locally.  It sounds like the furthest travel would be required if students requested a clinical site elsewhere OR if they wanted a particularly specialty for their elective, not offered locally.  

As for me, I'm going to try and complete my clinicals with the least amount of travel.  Just logistically, I think this will maximize my time available for study.  

Hope that helps!

2 hours ago, Gr8nessawaits said:

Received an interview invitation yesterday, sept. 24th. They gave me the option to choose between virtual on in person interview. I replied to the email, but I have not heard anything back yet. Does anyone know the process? 

Congrats on your invite! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you submit?