Letters of Rec Allocation

Hello,

I am wondering if I can include letters of rec that are geared towards particular schools? I do not have any of my letters of rec submitted yet, so I do not see this option in caspa (I'm assuming it'll appear afterwards?).

Basically, I have one letter of rec coming from a current preceptor at my top school, and he would like to include that school's name in his letter. The problem is, I want to make sure that letter only will be seen by that school. I am expecting a total of four letters, and all of my other schools only require three - so my preference would be to not include his letter in the other school's apps. Is this possible and how do I set this up?

17 minutes ago, scrubmein said:

Hello,

I am wondering if I can include letters of rec that are geared towards particular schools? I do not have any of my letters of rec submitted yet, so I do not see this option in caspa (I'm assuming it'll appear afterwards?).

Basically, I have one letter of rec coming from a current preceptor at my top school, and he would like to include that school's name in his letter. The problem is, I want to make sure that letter only will be seen by that school. I am expecting a total of four letters, and all of my other schools only require three - so my preference would be to not include his letter in the other school's apps. Is this possible and how do I set this up?

Then the best method would be for your letter of rec writer to send it directly to faculty, especially those involved in admissions.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JD2012 said:

Then the best method would be for your letter of rec writer to send it directly to faculty, especially those involved in admissions.

Exactly. I remember reviewing an application where the letter writer assumed the applicant was applying to a different school. Kind of put me off a bit but we still considered her.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Arthropathy said:

Can the writer allude it to it like, "as a preceptor for ABC University,  I see a lot of PA students..."

Good idea!

Do most schools accept letters out of caspa? 
He was very excited about me applying to said program and was going to write specifically about how I relate to their mission. It isn’t necessarily that I’m afraid he will drop a name - moreso that it’ll be a super specific letter that may not align totally with other schools.