University of La Verne 2020-2021 Application Cycle

Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted and crossing my fingers for all of you who have been waitlisted! It is an incredible accomplishment and I look forward to meeting you.

I am currently a PA-S1 at ULV and I know I had so many questions going in. If any of you have any questions about what to expect or how to prepare or anything that comes to mind please feel free to reach out to me! I would be happy to help! 

Congratulations again and welcome to the ULV PA Family!

Edited by Gotmilk
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Gotmilk said:

Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted and crossing my fingers for all of you who have been waitlisted! It is an incredible accomplishment and I look forward to meeting you.

I am currently a PA-S1 at ULV and I know I had so many questions going in. If any of you have any questions about what to expect or how to prepare or anything that comes to mind please feel free to reach out to me! I would be happy to help! 

Congratulations again and welcome to the ULV PA Family!

Thank you! I'm very excited for the opportunity

I'd like to ask now that you've gone through part of the program, is there anything you wish you knew or did differently at the beginning that could have made your experience even better?

31 minutes ago, Jojo17 said:

Congrats to all those who were accepted and placed on the alternate list!!! For those of you who were accepted, have you emailed La Verne with your intent to accept your seat? If so, have you gotten a response back from them? 

Hi! I emailed them to formally accept my offer but I didn’t receive an email back! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 9:48 AM, PixelChange said:

Thank you! I'm very excited for the opportunity

I'd like to ask now that you've gone through part of the program, is there anything you wish you knew or did differently at the beginning that could have made your experience even better?

Hi!

Thanks for reaching out! I know I am a little late to respond BUT finals took it out of me! I don't think there is much I would change or do differently what could have made my experience better. The biggest thing I would change is to not stress out about starting school. There are so many uncertainties and you are going to have a ton of questions and that is OKAY!!!!!! The staff will answer all of your questions come orientation and they really go above and beyond for you once classes start, so try your best not to stress about the little things!  You can also reach out to the upper classmen with questions, I found them to be super helpful because they really know what the day to day was like for the students. 

As far as preparing for school I wouldn't really study or anything to prepare. Really just enjoy your time and relax before you start. If you do feel the need to study I would CAUSALLY, like before you go to bed to help you fall asleep causal, skim over Pance Prep Pearls. I use this in every block. It isn't going to make sense to you now but it will be super helpful once you start. I believe you can get it at a discounted rate if you order as a group, so you could try to coordinate that with your class. Or if you are more of an audio learner I recommend the Audio PANCE podcast or the Physician Assistant Exam Review https://www.physicianassistantexamreview.com/sitemap/ I am not sure if they have a podcast or not, I just listen from the website. 

I would recommend trying to get in a routine. For example, waking up earlier, working out, eating healthier, etc. It is a lot harder to maintain all that while you are in school, so if you can come in with good habits it helps. Mostly though just spend time with the ones you love and have some fun. If you can, I recommend trying to stop working a minimum of 4-6 weeks before starting school so you can binge on Netflix, go on a road trip, hangout at the beach, spend time with your loved ones, travel (fingers crossed), read a book (because you probably aren't going to do that for YEARS) and just get your ducks in a row for school. I don't know what your situation for insurance is but because I am not on my parent's insurance anymore and I choose to get Medical and that took some time to process, so I would probably start that process in like April or May. PA school is hard, but totally doable, so just try to have some fun and maybe get together with your classmates before you start!

Welcome to the ULV PA Family! Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you may have in the future, because I know I had a ton! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here @PA23477

I called and spoke with Ann Schultz, they are not seating a 2021 cohort at all. A current student confirmed that ULV has a new program director and multiple new hires, they have decided to revamp the PA program and plan on seating a class in 2022 instead. I believe accepted students were offered deferment for a year.

Best of luck to all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...