Touro 2020-2021, Bay Shore Campus

1 hour ago, Src23 said:

Thanks for the reply @SammieolyviaI'm happy to hear there was no quiz. I read in past forums that many applicants had to take a quiz about the PA profession. Was the faculty interview short as well? Did they ask situational type questions or more about your background? I was invited for an interview with the Manhattan campus. I hear the interview process is similar for both campuses. I hope you receive a call back soon!

There was definitely a quiz and an essay that had to be submitted prior to the interview. But not on the actual interview day itself. Just to rectify that tidbit of information for everyone interviewing in the future. 

Edit: the quiz is extremely common sense, and the essay is extremely open ended. It’s seriously nothing to stress about!

Edited by sc215266

1 minute ago, Appu97 said:

Man people already got interviews, I applied on 9/17 and haven't heard anything so far

Best of luck to you! I think you’ll find most individuals currently interviewing applied in the May - early June range. I have certainly heard of candidates being accepted with your timeline though. Don’t be discouraged, but also appreciate there is a large volume of applicants being evaluated ahead of you for a limited number of seats. I hope you find success! 

1 minute ago, sc215266 said:

Best of luck to you! I think you’ll find most individuals currently interviewing applied in the May - early June range. I have certainly heard of candidates being accepted with your timeline though. Don’t be discouraged, but also appreciate there is a large volume of applicants being evaluated ahead of you for a limited number of seats. I hope you find success! 

Thank you! I thought since they are non rolling, applying early and rushing the application for myself wouldn't change much.

3 minutes ago, Appu97 said:

Thank you! I thought since they are non rolling, applying early and rushing the application for myself wouldn't change much.

You may be correct. My significant other applied to Touro in August during her cycle and didn’t receive an interview until April for the Bayshore campus. I chose to ‘err on the side of caution, but I definitely advise applying at a stage when your application will have maximum impact! 

• Like 1

Update: I received an email stating Touro is not yet making decisions at this time (for my application or for all?), and that they will continue to conduct more interviews in the meantime. Lukewarm news given the amount of time we've waited already. I hope that someone hears back with a confirmed acceptance. I'm not stressing as I've been blessed to have already gained acceptance elsewhere, although Touro would be a great local option. I wish everyone the very best of luck and I hope you find success! 

Edited by sc215266