Touro 2020-2021, Bay Shore Campus

6 minutes ago, daalso said:

Congrats to all that have accepted their spots. I just received an invitation to interview on January 25th (also my first PA school interview 🙂 ). Super excited!

Congrats! Best of luck to you. Make sure to make a list of things you want them to know about you before the interview is over and weave them into the questions. Be confident and they will see how passionate your are. You got this! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ebanar said:

Congrats! Best of luck to you. Make sure to make a list of things you want them to know about you before the interview is over and weave them into the questions. Be confident and they will see how passionate your are. You got this! 

Thank you very much for your kind words and advice. I will use the next 2 weeks to get myself prepped!

3 hours ago, daalso said:

Congrats to all that have accepted their spots. I just received an invitation to interview on January 25th (also my first PA school interview 🙂 ). Super excited!

You applied for Bayshore starting in August? Isn’t the deadline January 15th? They’ve already accepted applicants? I thought it was not rolling admission?

1 hour ago, Angeliperi said:

You applied for Bayshore starting in August? Isn’t the deadline January 15th? They’ve already accepted applicants? I thought it was not rolling admission?

Yeah I applied to the Bay Shore campus for August. I don't think its rolling admission. People on the previous page already shared that they accepted spots who applied in September. 

10 minutes ago, Angeliperi said:

I’m confused. They’re non-rolling admission, yet they have offered students seats prior to the January deadline?

There might be some confusion! Like myself, some people in this forum applied for the January 2021 start date. Bayshore also has a NUMC extension (1/2021 start date). Which is why in the previous pages people were taking seats in sept/oct. Don't worry too much about it!

Edited by Nelida

18 hours ago, Nelida said:

There might be some confusion! Like myself, some people in this forum applied for the January 2021 start date. Bayshore also has a NUMC extension (1/2021 start date). Which is why in the previous pages people were taking seats in sept/oct. Don't worry too much about it!

Thank you! My application is in the “arrived” status on CASPA. Hopefully it gets verified by the 15th! Praying at this point! 

On 1/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, Sammieolyvia said:

I interviewed in September initially for the January 2021 start date, unfortunately was waitlisted until yesterday when I received my acceptance email for August 2021!! So excited. Is there anyone else on here that was accepted for August? 

Im in the same boat as you! I was waitlisted for NUMC (which i didnt mind because I wanted to be in the bayshore class anyway) but got offered an acceptance for August 2021. I will likely accept! cant wait to meet ya

Hey everyone. I applied to Bayshore back in October and then just recently to Manhattan. Still waiting for an interview but hopefully soon. I was wondering how many of those accepted or at least interviewed are going the route of bachelor completion? I am wondering what my odds of acceptance are not having a completed bachelor degree.

6 minutes ago, Nelida said:

Hey, if you are in the process of still getting your bachelor's that's fine! As long as you complete it before the start of the program you're good. When I had my interview I was still completing my degree. 

As I understand it Bayshore and Manhattan do not require a completed bachelor degree to begin the program but I was wondering what the odds of acceptance is without it. We have a school out here in Oregon that is the same way but it is only about a 1% chance of acceptance without a bachelor degree already and I was not in that 1% this year. 🤣

On 1/15/2021 at 10:54 PM, Sammieolyvia said:

@StephenNan that’s great news!! I accepted (this was actually the only program I applied to since I did my undergrad at Touro bay shore). I sent my deposit in yesterday. Do you know if there’s a Facebook page for the accepted students yet?

I been trying to look for one but couldn't find any information. 

7 hours ago, JoJo1234 said:

Hello all! I applied for the bay shore campus back in October and was verified Oct. 15. Just wondering if anyone else who applied around october has been invited to interview or has any updates at all. Thanks in advance!

I'm right there with you. I applied in October as well and haven't heard anything yet, other than my application being accepted. I hope to hear something soon. I'm sure I'll see you all on campus soon. Good luck.

On 1/24/2021 at 2:13 PM, JoJo1234 said:

Hello all! I applied for the bay shore campus back in October and was verified Oct. 15. Just wondering if anyone else who applied around october has been invited to interview or has any updates at all. Thanks in advance!

I applied the same time as well. I did not hear back for a while because my Orgo 1 grade was still pending. I emailed them my grade (A) after the fall semester and I heard back from them last week with an interview invite. 

Not sure if anyone asked this yet, but wondering what style the interview is, what kind of questions they ask, and in general what I could expect in order to be as prepared as possible. 

20 hours ago, sld123 said:

I applied the same time as well. I did not hear back for a while because my Orgo 1 grade was still pending. I emailed them my grade (A) after the fall semester and I heard back from them last week with an interview invite. 

Not sure if anyone asked this yet, but wondering what style the interview is, what kind of questions they ask, and in general what I could expect in order to be as prepared as possible. 

Congratulations on getting your invite for an interview! I'm not exactly sure of the questions that they are going to ask you but I have just been looking up PA interview questions online and just preparing answers for those. However, I did email their admissions office back in November to ask about the style of the interview and I was told that there will be a group presentation by the director of the program and then you will meet with two faculty members for the interview portion. I believe the interviews are being conducted through zoom. 

• Like 1