2020-2021 Franklin Pierce Application Cycle

On 2/15/2021 at 10:37 AM, Hayleigh said:

I received an interview invite for March 4th! Can anyone provide any feedback for the interview, particularly the writing portion of it?? Thanks and good luck to all!

Hello! I have an interview with FPU on April 1! I would love to get some insight on how your interview went and what the writing portion was about!

2 hours ago, LindseyDutton said:

I also saw that someone from the last round of interviews said they found out at like 8:50pm. soo thats possible too for us. 

A friend in med school said a lot of schools wait to notify students in the evening so they don't get phone calls. Which makes sense I guess, but it makes for a long day!

2 hours ago, dianaerascu said:

Hello! I have an interview with FPU on April 1! I would love to get some insight on how your interview went and what the writing portion was about!

Sure! Well I haven't heard back from my interview yet, so no idea how mine went as far as acceptance or not. But my experience was rushed! I felt like the questions asked were all very common and expected questions, but very high level that didn't really aim at getting to know me as much as I expected. 30 minutes is a very short time, but I did feel like they were rushing which was a little stressful. I don't know if anyone else felt the same way. 

The writing also wasn't what I expected, but it wasn't that bad. It's around 500 words or less. I assume they change prompts, but it's basically just asking a high level prompt that you can pull out various situations you've been in to respond with. It felt pretty low key and wasn't stressful! So don't worry about it much

7 minutes ago, allthatjazzzz1 said:

They said we should hear within a week right?

yes i have looked over the itinerary form numerous times and it says and I quote "you can expect to hear from us about our decision within one week." 

They make the decisions by the night of the interview. I know they have been very busy with the current graduating class due to COVID and also finding appropriate space to host classes to accommodate social distancing (the current 2nd year class is having classes at DHMC today due to space) and they have been jumping around between other local colleges and the hospital. 

44 minutes ago, LindseyDutton said:

yes i have looked over the itinerary form numerous times and it says and I quote "you can expect to hear from us about our decision within one week." 

They make the decisions by the night of the interview. I know they have been very busy with the current graduating class due to COVID and also finding appropriate space to host classes to accommodate social distancing (the current 2nd year class is having classes at DHMC today due to space) and they have been jumping around between other local colleges and the hospital. 

I'm sure they are busy. COVID makes everything hectic and difficult, but it would be nice if they could let us know within, or at least close, to the given timeframe. We are all trying to make life decisions based on this information! Especially if they've already decided and they just need to send emails. 

Has anyone reached out to ask for an update? Is that appropriate? I know they request no contact about applications, but post interview seems like it might be different. 

34 minutes ago, Hayleigh said:

I'm sure they are busy. COVID makes everything hectic and difficult, but it would be nice if they could let us know within, or at least close, to the given timeframe. We are all trying to make life decisions based on this information! Especially if they've already decided and they just need to send emails. 

Has anyone reached out to ask for an update? Is that appropriate? I know they request no contact about applications, but post interview seems like it might be different. 

I know, I was wondering the same about reaching out and asking for an update. My coworkers all think that since its been so long that it is appropriate, but I don't want to come off as rude.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LindseyDutton said:

I know, I was wondering the same about reaching out and asking for an update. My coworkers all think that since its been so long that it is appropriate, but I don't want to come off as rude.

I have my gmail open now. About 50/50 on sending one right now. 

17 hours ago, LindseyDutton said:

I don’t think its a good idea to contact them.  They’ll let you know if you’re accepted or not

• Upvote 1