Frostburg University 2020-2021 Cycle

On 9/16/2020 at 1:47 PM, bgrif said:

@scc27 Thanks for the housing information, it's very helpful to research this stuff now. I was wondering if you know of any PA students that live at The Aria at Hamilton Plaza? That's the apartment complex that's 2 blocks from the school. I'm pretty sure they might offer discounts to students too but I'll have to look more into that. Do you recommend living downtown near the PA program building or outside of the downtown area? I'm worried that living downtown will be too noisy.

I don't know of anyone who lives in those apartments, so I'm not too sure about them. I like where I live, but it depends on your own lifestyle. If you'd rather walk to class than drive, then living downtown would be perfectly fine! Downtown Hagerstown is fairly small, so I don't think noise would be too much of an issue.

On 9/17/2020 at 5:08 PM, aap423 said:

I thought we were, I was waiting to make one till more students were admitted and accepted before making one. However, if there is a rule against a Facebook group I won’t make one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there is any rule against making a Facebook group. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that faculty didn't want to be involved in making the group and that the students usually make one themselves. So if someone wants to make one, go for it! 

Hi there! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to those still waiting to hear back. Has anyone been waitlisted and heard back about an acceptance?

I interviewed 9/21 and received an email the next day. It said I did well and was placed in a pool for continued consideration for admission. Is that waitlisted? Or do they explicitly tell you that you are waitlisted? 

I interviewed 9/21 and received an email the next day. It said I did well and was placed in a pool for continued consideration for admission. Is that waitlisted? Or do they explicitly tell you that you are waitlisted? 

Yes, that email is what I’m talking about! I know I saw at least one person on here say they’d gotten the same email and were accepted about 2.5 weeks later, so was just curious if many more had the same experience.

6 minutes ago, yorkam20 said:

Yes, that email is what I’m talking about! I know I saw at least one person on here say they’d gotten the same email and were accepted about 2.5 weeks later, so was just curious if many more had the same experience.

So you received it also? Yea I’m also curious how many people received that email. I wonder if anyone has been rejected. 

So you received it also? Yea I’m also curious how many people received that email. I wonder if anyone has been rejected. 

Yeah I did. I felt like at the interview they said something about a good amount of waitlisted applicants being offered admission... or maybe I’m just telling myself that? Lol. I’m very anxious though!

13 minutes ago, yorkam20 said:

Yeah I did. I felt like at the interview they said something about a good amount of waitlisted applicants being offered admission... or maybe I’m just telling myself that? Lol. I’m very anxious though!

They did say that. I don't know if waitlisted is the same as being in the pool. I enjoy pools but this one is giving me anxiety! lol You interviewed 9/21 also?

They did say that. I don't know if waitlisted is the same as being in the pool. I enjoy pools but this one is giving me anxiety! lol You interviewed 9/21 also?

I know, it’s nerve racking! And yes, I interviewed then too

On 9/29/2020 at 6:33 PM, yorkam20 said:

Hi there! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to those still waiting to hear back. Has anyone been waitlisted and heard back about an acceptance?

Yes! I was waitlisted (or under continued admission consideration) from my interview back in mid July and then received an acceptance call around the end of August. I was told the admissions team meets every week to discuss all past interviewees and decides whether or not they want to pull people off the waitlist.

Yes! I was waitlisted (or under continued admission consideration) from my interview back in mid July and then received an acceptance call around the end of August. I was told the admissions team meets every week to discuss all past interviewees and decides whether or not they want to pull people off the waitlist.

Awesome, congratulations! How did you feel your interview went (if you don’t mind sharing)?

Got notified I’m in phase II. For most of you it’s been about 3-4 weeks from then until an interview is that about right?

Got notified I’m in phase II. For most of you it’s been about 3-4 weeks from then until an interview is that about right?

The email I received said I had moved to phase II and was being invited for an interview, so I’m not sure of the typical timeframe between those. I had about a week and a half’s notice before the interview date.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Techlee said:

About 5 weeks passed before I got the email inviting me to an interview. Phase II email on 6/22 and interview invite on 7/30

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yorkam20 said:

Awesome, congratulations! How did you feel your interview went (if you don’t mind sharing)?

Frostburg was by far my favorite interview experience! The faculty (which by the way you get to meet and interview with all of them) were so welcoming and conversational throughout the interview. They gave me a lot of positive feedback after each of my answers to questions, which made me feel pretty good about how I meshed with the program.

• Like 1