Frostburg University 2020-2021 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
Submitted and verified 5/28...for some reason my GRE scores were never received by Frostburg CASPA, but all my other schools had appeared in my CASPA. Did anyone else have this same issue? I emailed them just to confirm they have them

I know mine aren’t listed on CASPA but I received a confirmation email from Frostburg saying everything is in and that “my application meets the requirements for review”.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Set83 said:

Hi aap423 & zdudley! Congrats on the interviews! Would you mind sharing your stats? (of course you don't have to - no pressure!)

Thanks & congrats again!

Sure. cGPA 3.2, sGPA 3.1, (significant upward trend last 60 credits), GRE 319, 6,000 HCE hours as EMT/ER Scribe. I also meet nearly all of this program's preferences (Western MD resident, medically underserved area, etc). 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2020 at 8:11 AM, aap423 said:

Submitted and verified 5/28...for some reason my GRE scores were never received by Frostburg CASPA, but all my other schools had appeared in my CASPA. Did anyone else have this same issue? I emailed them just to confirm they have them

Same here. I emailed them and they said they were working with CASPA to fix this! As long as you sent your scores to the code listed on Frostburg's website, you are good to go!

2 minutes ago, aap423 said:

No, when I as confirmed for interview attendance all I was told was that they would speak to me on the 1st and that it was from 9-12. Nothing about a supplemental application or instructions on how to attend the interview virtually. Last years forum stated there was a panel interview in addition to 1on1 interviews, so I’m preparing that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok cool, I received the same confirmation email. Thanks for letting me know about last year's forum, if I find anything else out about the interview I'll be sure to let you know. 

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

Just as a heads up, I am a current student here at Frostburg State PA program! We're halfway through our first semester of didactic year. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask on this board or send me a private message, I'd love to help out! 

Last year during interviews, interacting with the students really helped me make my decision and you guys unfortunately don't get to have that this year, so I'd love to be able to pass that along to you guys as best as possible!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, scc27 said:

Hey everyone!

Just as a heads up, I am a current student here at Frostburg State PA program! We're halfway through our first semester of didactic year. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask on this board or send me a private message, I'd love to help out! 

Last year during interviews, interacting with the students really helped me make my decision and you guys unfortunately don't get to have that this year, so I'd love to be able to pass that along to you guys as best as possible!

Thanks so much for doing this! How many students are in your cohort? Also, how do you feel about the program in general? Do you feel the faculty has been supportive and flexible with everything that is happening with COVID? I'm assuming you guys have transitioned to an online format. How is that going?

On 7/1/2020 at 11:16 AM, Jaw67PA said:

Thanks so much for doing this! How many students are in your cohort? Also, how do you feel about the program in general? Do you feel the faculty has been supportive and flexible with everything that is happening with COVID? I'm assuming you guys have transitioned to an online format. How is that going?

We have 25 students in the cohort, I believe that is the number they look to get with each cohort. Right now, since everything is going fairly smoothly. According to the program, because we are accredited for face-to-face style, and since Maryland is in a good spot regarding COVID, we’re having in person classes as a trial run for the school. We have temperature checks every morning. We are spaced out in a big lecture space, so we’re not close, we have to go to class with masks on. Our labs are in the spaces that they typically are in, but we work in small groups with only 3-4 other people to work through anatomy lab and patient assessment and diagnosis, and again we’re all wearing masks. But the faculty at this time is trying to load up our labs and the procedures we have to learn in this semester so that if (when) we have to go back online, we wouldn’t have missed anything. 

In terms of the faculty flexibility, they are incredibly receptive to what we think and are very open and honest about everything that’s going on. Dr. Smolko is the absolute bomb! If we ever have a concern with something at a program level, she listens to us, brings it to the faculty and reports back to us with an up front answer and explanation of the feedback. In terms of class specific, each professor has their own style, but they all are incredibly accommodating. All our lectures are recorded and posted on Canvas (like blackboard if you’ve never heard of it) so if you needed to miss because of something, you still have access to the lecture. I’m not quite sure how it would work if some people had to be remote while also having in person because we haven’t run into that issue, but the faculty seems incredibly flexible for what ever may come up. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jaw67PA said:

Congrats!! When did you submit and when did you receive your "under full review" email?

CASPA verified: June 15th

Frostburg receipt of application/app under full review: June 16th

I already had my GRE scores sent to Frostburg prior to submitting my CASPA app, so I think that helped speed up the process. I sent in my GRE scores around the beginning of May. 

• Like 1