Frostburg University 2020-2021 Cycle

8 hours ago, aap423 said:

How did all of the accepted students connect last year? Was there a Facebook group set up or did the school organize something ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of the cycle once we found out who was in our cohort, we created a facebook group, but eventually moved to a Whatsapp group chat. The faculty told us they don't want to do anything with a facebook group with us so it could be a student specific space. 

• Like 1

Anybody hear from the 7/13 interview yet? Based on the email I received, I am pretty certain I am the waitlist. Good news is they revisit our application every interview session, so hopefully good outcomes will come out of the waitlist. Keeping the faith!

Edited by bgrif

I had a similar issue, I would email Wendy Wilson at graduate services and she’s able to give you a way to get to pay the deposit through the Frostburg website. There should be an email for graduate services on your offer letter

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Lg1306 said:
Has anyone had success paying their deposit? I can’t get the link to work. It’s giving me an error saying I don’t have the right credentials...

I had issues with the link as well. I just went on Frostburg’s website and was able to find the right page. I received an email from Wendy Wilson confirming my payment this morning.

https://www.frostburg.edu/admissions-and-cost/undergraduate/after-admission.php#:~:text=Please choose Acceptance Fee (Non,apply for on-campus housing! 

Try clicking the Cashnet hyperlink under Pay Your Tuition Deposit on the link I listed.

Edited by zdudley
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, prePA0353 said:

Does anyone know if their class is already filled up? I just found out about Frostburg and want to submit, but wanted to make sure there is still space!

Their deadline isn't until November 1st so I highly doubt they have filled up their class yet. I think you should go ahead and apply if you feel like you are competitive and would be a good fit for the school!

On 8/25/2020 at 5:18 PM, bgrif said:

Hey all! I am so excited and blessed to say that I have been offered and have accepted a seat with Frostburg!!!! I cannot wait to put down my deposit and see what this program has in store! I interviewed 7/13.

Congratulations future Bobcat!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 8:21 PM, Jaw67PA said:

Their deadline isn't until November 1st so I highly doubt they have filled up their class yet. I think you should go ahead and apply if you feel like you are competitive and would be a good fit for the school!

Thanks so much for this, I never replied but I did end up submitting and I got an interview a few days ago for 9/21 so yay!

• Like 1

@EPPA20 and @prePA0353 Congrats on your interviews! I have to say that Frostburg's interview was the most laid back interview I've had so far this cycle. I was nervous going into it and then all of that washed away once I started interacting with the faculty, staff, and other interviewees. For you to get an interview they have already made up their minds that you can handle the rigors of PA school and do well, so during the interview they honestly just want to get to know you as a person and make sure that you are a good fit for the program. It's cliche to say but honestly just be yourself and make sure you have good answers to basic PA school interview questions and are knowledgeable about the profession. The format was as follows: A welcome from faculty and staff and then a series of 1:1 interviews with each faculty member. You also get some time to talk with fellow applicants while waiting to be sent to the next zoom "room" for the 1:1 interviews. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and definitely solidified the program as my number 1 choice. 

• Like 1