2020-2021 Application cycle

Hi all,

if you are reapplying, check the pre-reqs because it has changed!!

Not sure if I want to reapply after looking at the changes.  

I repeated my GRE for better scores.  Now GRE has been replaced by pa cat.

Edited by Xray10

Physician Assistant College Admission Test (PA-CAT)
All applicants are required to take the Physician Assistant College Admission Test (PA-CAT®). The PA-CAT is a specialized test designed to measure applicant knowledge in key prerequisite science subjects typically required for PA school. For information about the PA-CAT and to schedule your exam, visit their website at www.PA-CAT.com. Applicants should schedule and complete the PA-CAT prior to September 1, 2020 to ensure that your report is received prior to the October 1, 2020 deadline. Please ensure that AdventHealth University is selected as the institution to receive your official PA-CAT transcript score report. The PA-CAT results will be sent directly to the University, not to CASPA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that AdventHealth University’s PA program has received the PA-CAT official transcript score report before the CASPA application deadline.

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2020 at 7:14 PM, Xray10 said:

Hi all,

if you are reapplying, check the pre-reqs because it has changed!!

Not sure if I want to reapply after looking at the changes.  

I repeated my GRE for better scores.  Now GRE has been replaced by pa cat.

Hi,

I applied last year, went to 2 days interview....After the "surprise"  science test on the first day of the interview, writing part and rush during the MMI, I decided that if I won't make it I won't reapply. With that being said, I loved all the features of what the program can offer, but the structure of the interview from last year was  too complex, and stressful.

Nevertheless, I wish all of you good luck and be the best version of you. We can do it!

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to offer some hope to those applying/re-applying this year - in a virtual open house held recently, one of the staff members did mention that last years’ interview format was the first of its kind for them. They will not do the same this year. They said they planned to stick to 1-day interviews for this next cycle. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 10:56 AM, FloridaPA21 said:

Hello everyone,

has anybody taken the PA-CAT? Can you share your experience?

I just took it on the 19th and just got my score back yesterday. I didn’t think it was personally too bad. The prep course I felt was harder then the actual exam with that being said the prep course and practice exams helped a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...