2020-2021 Bethel Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, bellarae2872 said:

They said by the end of the month which is tomorrow and I doubt they’d send info out on a Saturday?!

That's what I was thinking too? I was hoping we will hear something today.... but it looks like they sent out acceptance, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a waitlist email. But who knows, i am just guessing 😞 good luck to you! Hopefully we hear soon. 

8 minutes ago, Oliver1234 said:

That's what I was thinking too? I was hoping we will hear something today.... but it looks like they sent out acceptance, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a waitlist email. But who knows, i am just guessing 😞 good luck to you! Hopefully we hear soon. 

Don't lose hope yet! I spoke with Aimee yesterday and she mentioned they are just trying to figure out details that were not originally in the plan/are having to change dates for several things so it is just taking a little longer than they anticipated. She said they will be trying to send follow up emails today or tomorrow though so hopefully you will hear some news soon! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rachelouise said:

Don't lose hope yet! I spoke with Aimee yesterday and she mentioned they are just trying to figure out details that were not originally in the plan/are having to change dates for several things so it is just taking a little longer than they anticipated. She said they will be trying to send follow up emails today or tomorrow though so hopefully you will hear some news soon! 

Thank you so much for this update!! I really appreciate it!

On 10/4/2020 at 10:51 AM, rachelouise said:

Hi! 
I actually have a few questions if you don't mind!? 🙂

1. Would you mind sharing what a typical week looks like in terms of class times/days of the week you meet? (I think I remember someone said Bethel only has class M-Thur? Are students in class from 8-5 each day or are they broken up in chunks?).

2. Also, just curious what your favorite thing about the program is and what your least favorite is (aka, one thing you wish you could change).

3. Lastly, have you done any of the international rotations/travel with Bethel? I noticed there are options for mission trips--is this offered within the curriculum, too? Like if I wanted to do one of my rotations abroad.

Sorry for all the questions, I just love Bethel and want to know as much as I can haha 🙂 

1. Yes! We usually only run classes M-Th ... however, they'd like us to still keep Friday's open if needed. A typical week is usually 8-5 M-Th for the first summer semester, and then its kind of random in the fall, spring, and next summer semesters. This term, we have Monday's as our longest day (8-6ish) and then it gets less and less as the week goes on. Due to COVID, a lot of our courses have transitioned to more of a hybrid layout and a lot of our lectures are over Zoom and we can be at home during these if we choose. A lot of our guest lecturers are also over Zoom most times as well. I am not sure how things will change or transition into due to COVID but I imagine the incoming class will have many Zoom classes and lectures! As for breaking up the day ... yes, there are breaks and the day is split up! Currently our longest class that goes without a break is around 3 hours but it's only once a week (and we typically get out early!), otherwise, most classes are around 2 hours and we get a break halfway through! I was worried when I first heard that classes were run 8-5 M-Th (I was under the impression it was straight through!), but it really is such a great schedule and it is amazing to have Fridays off!! 

2. My favorite thing is honestly the professors and faculty. They are amazing and genuinely care about us and want us to succeed and want us to take care of ourselves too (mental health is SO important in PA school!!), so they really just make us feel cared for and they reassure us all the time that we are where we are supposed to be and that we are all doing well (sorry for the run-on!). And I honestly can't think of something about the program specifically that I would change. I, along with most people, do not like the changes we have to make due to COVID, but we manage and we just have to be flexible. For example, we did not have access to the anatomy cadaver lab this past summer due to the stay at home order, but we all still made it through and obviously learned a lot! I am not sure what next years class will have but that was a huge bummer! Other than pandemic-related issues, I wouldn't change anything - the program is amazing! 

3. I personally have not done any travel or international rotations through the program. I do not know 100% what Bethel does in regards to this so I don't want to say anything that may or may not be true! I know that for part of the required research / community service project, you can choose to go to a particular area if it has to do with your research but I do not think there is any funding for it, so it would need to be on your time. I do know that in terms of rotations, they will ask where you have "housing opportunities" and where you'd like to go for certain rotations (obviously, this is just a consideration, they can't promise anything!), but I am not 100% sure for international travel or missions trips. 

I apologize for the late response, I hope this helps, and I am happy to answer as many questions as I am able! 🙂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, abbyou16 said:

Hey! 
Anyone who has not yet gotten an acceptance call from Bethel heard anything pending status after interviews? I know they said it might be delayed a little bit longer than the end of October, but still have not heard anything. 

You are not alone, I have not heard anything yet either! 

36 minutes ago, sqcrowser said:

You are not alone, I have not heard anything yet either! 

43 minutes ago, abbyou16 said:

Hey! 
Anyone who has not yet gotten an acceptance call from Bethel heard anything pending status after interviews? I know they said it might be delayed a little bit longer than the end of October, but still have not heard anything. 

I haven’t either and I’m dying 😫

If I were to create a Facebook group entitled "Bethel Physician Assistant Class of 2023", would y'all be interested in joining so we can start meeting everyone in our cohort?! Excited to start! 🙂

P.S. Those still waiting to hear back: Don't lose faith yet! I am still crossing my fingers for all of you that you will receive good news soon. Keep us updated 🙂 

6 minutes ago, rachelouise said:

If I were to create a Facebook group entitled "Bethel Physician Assistant Class of 2023", would y'all be interested in joining so we can start meeting everyone in our cohort?! Excited to start! 🙂

P.S. Those still waiting to hear back: Don't lose faith yet! I am still crossing my fingers for all of you that you will receive good news soon. Keep us updated 🙂 

I would! And best of luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!!