2020-2021 Bethel Application Cycle

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm super confused. So I had applied to Bethel and this week they reached out saying they received my app but that one of my LoRs was missing even though I know all of my LoRs were marked complete by CASPA and my app was verified. They also asked me whether I had fulfilled the min. 40 hours shadowing a PA requirement. I am SUPER confused because when I had looked through the Bethel university PA program web page to make sure I'd fulfilled each requirement I know I had ensured I did meet before I applied and none of it mentioned anything about mandatory shadowing etc... BUT NOW when I search Google again, it shows me the Bethel Uni page I saw before AND another/Bethel University, Tennesee PA program page which I never really looked at. This page talks about the shadowing requirement and that you have to have TWO LoRs from a PA or Doctor... IS this how it was for you? Did you guys have 2 LoRs from a PA/ doctor?? 

This may be my fault, but HOW AND WHY are there TWO DIFFERENT Bethel Pa Program pages...and their Mission Program statement/ goals etc...don't even match up exactly...? Pls explain to me....I may have just wasted my $$$ on something I wasn't meeting requirements for 🤧

On 6/16/2020 at 12:10 PM, Graceme said:

Hi,

I'm super confused. So I had applied to Bethel and this week they reached out saying they received my app but that one of my LoRs was missing even though I know all of my LoRs were marked complete by CASPA and my app was verified. They also asked me whether I had fulfilled the min. 40 hours shadowing a PA requirement. I am SUPER confused because when I had looked through the Bethel university PA program web page to make sure I'd fulfilled each requirement I know I had ensured I did meet before I applied and none of it mentioned anything about mandatory shadowing etc... BUT NOW when I search Google again, it shows me the Bethel Uni page I saw before AND another/Bethel University, Tennesee PA program page which I never really looked at. This page talks about the shadowing requirement and that you have to have TWO LoRs from a PA or Doctor... IS this how it was for you? Did you guys have 2 LoRs from a PA/ doctor?? 

This may be my fault, but HOW AND WHY are there TWO DIFFERENT Bethel Pa Program pages...and their Mission Program statement/ goals etc...don't even match up exactly...? Pls explain to me....I may have just wasted my $$$ on something I wasn't meeting requirements for 🤧

So just confirming, Bethel University in MN does NOT have a 40 hour PA shadowing requirement? Just double checking! I have 36 with PAs but the rest with MDs and want to make sure I'm eligible!  

2 minutes ago, Skylar said:

So just confirming, Bethel University in MN does NOT have a 40 hour PA shadowing requirement? Just double checking! I have 36 with PAs but the rest with MDs and want to make sure I'm eligible!  

https://www.bethel.edu/graduate/academics/physician-assistant/prerequisites

Copied from their website:

Application Requirements

• 250 Hours Healthcare Experience
  • Earned B.A. or B.S. degree from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution
  • Minimal GPA requirement of 3.25 overall and 3.25 overall science on a 4.0 scale as calculated by CASPA. (Note: If you took any courses for Pass/Fail during the January through May 2020 semester, you are still invited to apply, but additional documentation may be required.)
  • Meet Program Technical Standards
  • Any candidate meeting all application requirements with a bachelor's degree or master's degree from Bethel University will be granted an interview.
  • Any candidate meeting all application requirements with a U.S. Military Veteran status will be granted an interview.
  • If an international applicant, please see additional international requirements
  • The GRE or any standardized entrance exam is NOT required for application or admission to the Bethel PA program.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, rachelouise said:

Do you know if Bethel sends out all their interview invitations at once or if they do them in groups? Still haven't heard from them and am hoping I still have a chance for an interview! Thanks. And congrats to all those who have invites so far! 🙂 

it seems like they might do it in groups! good luck and don’t lose hope!

For people that have heard back about interview invites, when did you submit your CASPA application? Curious if they are sending out invites based on when you submitted your application. I submitted mid July and still haven't heard back. Also, congratulations!

I submitted June 16 and haven’t heard anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For people that have heard back about interview invites, when did you submit your CASPA application? Curious if they are sending out invites based on when you submitted your application. I submitted mid July and still haven't heard back. Also, congratulations!

i submitted the beginning of June and received an interview invite last week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk