GWU vs. Duke vs. OHSU

Hi All! I am currently choosing between three PA school acceptances (GWU, Duke, and OHSU) and am hoping to make my final decision ASAP. I am really looking for a program that is supportive and that has a family feeling among peers and faculty. If any current students or alums from any of these schools have insight on why they love (or don't love) their respective program and any advice on how I should go about making this decision, I would be really grateful for any insight! 

In my mind this is Duke Vs GW.

OHSU is not in the same league.

If it was me, it would come down to where can you see yourself living for 2 years.

For me it would be Duke. DC is not a great place to be right now.

Duke is the best known PA program in the country. The other 2 are good, but neither is Duke.

• Like 1

Current GW student finishing didactic. My #1 advice is always to go with the place you feel the best sense of fit. I personally love DC and would not have been happy to live in a more rural setting for 2 years, but the opposite may be true for you.

At the end of the day, you're the only person who knows where you'll be happiest for the next two years. Feel free to PM me with any GW-specific questions you have, and good luck! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

If it was me, it would come down to where can you see yourself living for 2 years.

Duke is the best known PA program in the country. The other 2 are good, but neither is Duke.

Thank you so much for your input! Just out of curiosity, why do you think DC is not a great place to be right now? 

Consider differences in curriculum (cadaver lab vs no cadaver for one) and clinical rotations, length of rotations, number of rotations, Number of electives, and location Opportunities. Of course like others mentioned, where would you rather live? And really consider what felt like a better fit at your interview. 

On 3/28/2020 at 8:28 AM, EMEDPA said:

OHSU is a top among the top 10 PA school currently, so it would be interesting to see why you think is not in the same league, considering GW is ranked #5. Also, OHSU has finalized the incoming class for 2022, so I am curious if OP is asking for in the future or still sitting on her acceptance, when the class has been finalized.