Study tips and resources to ace pharmacology?

I am currently first year PA student. I feel like I am not understanding the material (teacher talks fast in lecture, won’t let us record, and slides are not detailed) and I am spending too much time trying to study and I don’t feel I am studying the right way for this class. Any tips on how you studied pharmacology, organized material, other resources utilized besides textbook. Thanks and this is greatly appreciated. 

I am currently first year PA student. I feel like I am not understanding the material (teacher talks fast in lecture, won’t let us record, and slides are not detailed) and I am spending too much time trying to study and I don’t feel I am studying the right way for this class. Any tips on how you studied pharmacology, organized material, other resources utilized besides textbook. Thanks and this is greatly appreciated. 

I drew drug family trees, with major branches for categories (esp generations of cephalosporins, etc), highlighted the prototype in each class and used lots of color to highlight good and bad points, costs, etc. it took time, but I could kind of visualize these trees during exams. Before exams, I would tape the diagrams to the wall and lecture to invisible students.

Got an A.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...