• $190-199k
    • $200-209k
    • $210-219k
    • $220-229k
    • $230-239k
    • $240-249k
    • $250k and >

15 hours ago, 924er said:

. But apparently one PA was busting his butt and made $95/hr on his 2nd year. I guess you just gotta prove your worth.

Or negotiate well. Start collecting billing/coding data (ICD10, CPT codes) for all your visits (or ask your billing department to provide this data) and find out exactly what you're worth. You should be doing this for your procedures anyway in case you need to get credentialed at another hospital. 

Edited by SedRate
  • Like 1

Agree with the folks that don’t want to kill themselves making a buck. I was fortunate to get my dream gig.

120-126 hrs / month (14ish 9 hour shifts) and make about $170k/yr in EM. Full benefit employee. 

I discovered I like having more days off a month than I am required to work. I live well below my means, and have no desire to work more just to make more money. 

I take pride when my friends ask me “man, do you ever work?!” 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
Agree with the folks that don’t want to kill themselves making a buck. I was fortunate to get my dream gig.

120-126 hrs / month (14ish 9 hour shifts) and make about $170k/yr in EM. Full benefit employee. 

I discovered I like having more days off a month than I am required to work. I live well below my means, and have no desire to work more just to make more money. 

That’s awesome! That would be my dream gig. You are making around $110/hr. I know for experienced PAs in ED, that’s not impossible to achieve. I hope to get there one day.

What location if u don’t mind me asking ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/19/2020 at 10:33 PM, Corpsman2PA said:

I get this too because I work long shifts and have a decent amt of time off. I spend too much time on the road between 4 different CAH EDs, but like the variety. I work 13 days this month, but it is 222 hrs with a combination of 24s, 12s, and 10s.

Have to realize that working past 7pm in the night warrants AT LEAST 1.5x - 2x hourly wage.  Who wants to work at 4am. I wouldn’t mind but would want 3x my hourly wage, eg $250 per hour.  So yes you may be having”more time off” but you should hope to be pulling in way more than the average PA