PA program with non american bachelors degree

HI Folks,

I am currently in the second year of my contract, i have a bachelors degree in engineering but thats from asia.

I am an active duty army 68W medic currently working at an army hospital.

Question i have is that, i was going through lots of PA schools everywhere they say that the degree should be from an university in USA.

So is it not possible to get into any of the PA programs when i get out of military in couple of years without a bachelors  degree from america?

What can i do to improve my chances to get into any of the PA programs?

I checked these schools as a sample.

University of Iowa

University of Colorado

To be honest i dont care about the location once i get out, but wanted to know whats the way forward ?

Talk to a counselor at the Education Center on base. The associated colleges at the education center ( a common one is CTC) may review your international transcripts and possibly transfer some of them over for some college credits here (also have them evaluate your AIT training for some other possible credits) . Then start taking some online/in-person classes at your education center. Get your General Ed out of the way and possibly some basic sciences while you are still AD. The courses taken at the Ed Center while you're on AD will not count towards your Post/911 benefits. You can then utilize your benefits, after ETSing, to finish off your bachelors and to pay for some of PA school (WHICH IS NICE). It's easier said than done but if you wan't it, go get it. PM me if you need more insight.

• Upvote 1