12/7/19 MEDEX Tacoma interview

Is everyone that is interviewing ok with meeting up at a place close to the interview site? There is a Rock Wood Fired Pizza really close by that would be perfect for all of us the have dinner the night before. How does 7pm sound for everyone? Let me know and when it comes closer I can make a reservation for us.

• Like 4

On 10/21/2019 at 11:23 AM, MackenzieB said:

has anyone received their itinerary in the mail yet? I have heard the day consists of several group interview sessions. 

Received mine yesterday, it says we'll be in small groups of 3 for each interview panel, w/ 3 different panels in total. So we would have 6 interviewers (2 per panel), and will be in a different group each time. 

On 10/19/2019 at 12:38 PM, Adenosine33 said:

Congrats to everyone that got an invite!!

Looking at past years, it seems these invites went out pretty early. Typically they have been going out towards the middle of November. Does anyone know if this is the final wave of invites? 

I read at another forum that they have one last interview in early-mid January for all campuses, not sure where the interview will be held though. 

Hi! I'm in Tacoma Class 7, wanted to say congrats to everyone that got an interview invite! We will have a few of us from the class meet up the night before with you guys if you get together.  We can answer any questions you might have then and hopefully calm some nerves!  There will also be a few of us that will be at the actual interview to meet with the entire group as well if you can't make the night before meet up.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations on your interview. We have a Facebook group set up for after your invitation. I hope to get to know you all before class starts in June. 

Bit of info for your interviews. Above all be yourself....DO NOT SCRIPT ANSWERS. Be honest about failures, inadequacies in your application. Be genuine, listen to the interviewers before you speak. Importantly, you made it to an interview because you are good enough. If you are like me you may stress about reasons you aren't qualified, focus on you and what you can bring to the classroom/profession. It will be a stressful week, just do your best to relax. Good Luck!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to let you know I live in the area if someone is still in need to a place to stay before the interview. we have an extra bedroom.  I know downtown hotels are expensive.  

I interviewed in October and have been accepted.  I’m not a weirdo, just trying to be helpful. My husband is a cop if that helps 😂

So if you are not local and need a place to crash, send me a message, we can even workout transport.  

Carolina

• Like 1

Hello all!

I will also be interviewing 12/7 and would like to meet up as well! The only issue is I will be traveling up from Portland for another PA school interview on 12/6 and will be driving up and arriving probably fairly late on Friday night considering traffic is fairly congested for the weekend traffic. If there is any chance that I get on the road earlyish and get up there not too late I would love to see if you all are still having a get together.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:06 AM, ccook503 said:

Hello all!

I will also be interviewing 12/7 and would like to meet up as well! The only issue is I will be traveling up from Portland for another PA school interview on 12/6 and will be driving up and arriving probably fairly late on Friday night considering traffic is fairly congested for the weekend traffic. If there is any chance that I get on the road earlyish and get up there not too late I would love to see if you all are still having a get together.

Hey @ccook503! I think we're both in the same boat! I have an interview in Portland on 12/6 and my MEDEX Tacoma one on 12/7. Looks like we'll be at the same 2 interviews! I haven't booked my rental car yet. Any chance you want to carpool from Portland to Tacoma?! Feel free to private message me if you're interested in working out the logistics!

On 11/22/2019 at 1:07 AM, JessicaLH said:

I saw the Firewood Pizza location, but if it is too small it looks like there are a few other pizza joints or even brewery locations with larger meetup spots. Do we have a headcount of who all can make it the night before? 

How would everyone feel about meeting at 3uilt if the pizza place is too small? It's near the school, and it looks like there's a lot of room inside to both sit and stand so we wouldn't need to worry about headcount. Looks like a brewery with a food menu.