Working as a Physician Assistant overseas?

It's sad really.  We have so much training and some of us with 20+ years of experience and yet we can't work effectively overseas in a global economy.  I wish there was some type of granted doctorate for PA training + experience that would license us in other countries thereby letting us help people.  Stupid that there is not.

6 hours ago, Cideous said:

It's sad really.  We have so much training and some of us with 20+ years of experience and yet we can't work effectively overseas in a global economy.  I wish there was some type of granted doctorate for PA training + experience that would license us in other countries thereby letting us help people.  Stupid that there is not.

It’s hard enough to move between US jurisdictions that it didn’t surprise me how onerous it is to do that with my RN license, let alone as an NP. I’ve already decided that the best approach to visiting a far off destination is to show up as a tourist, and leave the work headaches at home, lest they become headaches abroad. Hawaii is one of those kinds of locations where everyone thinks thy should live there and work. Why would I want to be locked up 8-12 hours a day in paradise doing the things that I wanted to get away from in the first place?

Edited by Lightspeed

18 hours ago, Cideous said:

Say, I woke up today and thought..I'm done with the US.  I want to immigrate and work in a place like New Zealand....is there any insight these boards can give that would help?  Or are we, like in the US, relegated to just ...what we do here, state by state.

Here’s this from the New Zealand pa society Facebook page:

Nz Facebook page

• Upvote 1