Looking for Additional Schools to Apply to

Hello all, 

I am an undergraduate student who is going to graduate in April 2020. I am planning on applying to PA school immediately after I graduate, so next cycle. I currently have a list of about 7 schools that I would like apply to. All of them are in the Ohio/Michigan Region. However, I have recently felt some anxiety about my application profile, so I want to add more schools to the list to improve my chances of being accepted somewhere. I am interested in schools in the south/Atlantic region of the country, but there are way too many programs for me to filter through. 

My two main concerns are my clinical experience and age (22/23 at time of matriculation if I got accepted in my first year of applications). If I keep this same pace, at the time of application I will have about 1500 hours as a medical scribe and about 800 hours as a CNA. I am aware that medical scribes are looked down on by many programs. I have already filtered out the local programs that don't approve of medical scribes. But one thing I do have working for me is my GPA, which is a 3.96. So if anybody is aware of programs that are more likely to accept students that are 1) Freshly graduated/on the young side 2) Without strong clinical experiences and 3) have high GPAs, could you please mention the schools in the comments.

Thank you guys so much. 

• Like 1

New programs tend to be more forgiving about PCE if there are strong academics.

Outside of that, it really is best if you spend the time filtering through programs.  It's your future and there are so many other factors to consider when applying.  There are plenty of threads already on this forum to get you started.

I know it's overwhelming to think about having to review every school, but that's literally what you need to do. Before I applied, I reviewed EVERY single PA school in the country to figure out which ones I qualify for, which ones I don't, and then continued to narrow those lists down by determining which ones I felt like I had the best chance at/area I'd like to live, etc. If you're not applying until next cycle you have plenty of time to review a couple schools every day in order to get through the list. Trust me, it'll be worth it. And that way you also won't second guess your decisions when you actually apply. Good luck! 

• Like 1

Hey there,

If you're looking to apply to schools in the Ohio/Michigan region, then you may want to check out this event as  several of the local programs will be in attendance. It will be a great way for you to get direct answers about your application. I attended their DC event not too long ago and a lot of the pre-PAs were able to talk to program directors directly. I'll attach the link and flyer here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/thepac-takes-detroit-tickets-70091765357

ThePAC Takes Detroit.jpg