A solution to the wire foreign body problem that we have been reading about

This is a bit of an unusual post on this forum but it is a response to what we have been reading in the literature and other medical sites concerning wire fragments that have become a foreign body in the esophagus. It's enjoyable to visit with friends and family and to sit down at a great BBQ and enjoy burgers and steaks and fish and whatever other creations you like to consume. It's not enjoyable when that visit lands you in the ER with a foreign body that is actually one of the wires from the grill cleaning brush.

This weekend , we hosted a family BBQ for my son-in-laws parents who were visiting from Florida and his Dad, Ken, asked me what I was using to clean my grates. I had read the articles on foreign bodies and promptly discarded my wire brush and replaced it with a synthetic hand brush . He told me about a product that he used and this morning I opened my front door to be surprised by a delivery that contained the brush he spoke of and a copper re-usable mat for the grates. I examined the brush as if it were a surgical instrument and it far surpassed what I had expected. It was well made, sturdy, heavy and long--everything you need in a good brush. If you want to see the brush and purchase it, I went to the source website and found it. www.mountaingrillers.com.

• 2 weeks later...