Dermatology PA compensation

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 9:00 AM, mbaec0405 said:

Looking to find out more information regarding compensation in dermatology. What are your pay structures? I'm in Florida, working in dermatology 9 years and I only have a base salary (on the low end I think)

I don't know much about this. But my friend took a position in Oregon as a new grad. First year is 21% of collections and each yr goes up another %. Does your salary include any bonus structure? 

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, mcanpac said:

Im in the southeast (not in fl though) with almost 5 years in derm (9 yrs total as a pa). I have a salary of125k (no production) with 5k yearly bonus and 1500 christmas bonus. I work 5 days a week 8-5. Im in negotiations soon myself. Other derm pas that i graduated with i know are making a ton more and working less, but i have no clue in my area what people are making. Everyone is so hush hush, and i think that hurts us all in the end. I brought in almost 900k to the practice last year. I know im worth a lot more. Hopefully this helps you.

Jesus, 900K to the practice and only being paid 130K. That's insanity, you NEED a production bonus. You should definitely be making 200K, probably closer to 300K.

Is there an organization for derm PAs that tracks salary? I know there is one for ortho PAs. That may have better data. In the end, it may be easier to find a job willing to pay you what your worth rather than try to increase your pay at your current place. Use your collections data as leverage when negotiating a new job. The standard for a derm PA is to get a production bonus, and you don't have one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Full-time dermatology PA salaries can range anywhere from $80,000 to $400,000 per year depending on the PA's collections to the practice. A full-time, experienced dermatology physician assistant can generate anywhere from $500,000 to $850,000 for their practice, per year.I have always felt so much connected to this industry since my graduation years. When I visited a seminar held in Denver, I met Mr. John who is a researcher. He has recently published a research paper (https://www.marketdecipher.com/report/home-healthcare-market) for his firm on this specific industry.