"working interview"

I am a new grad and have been offered a "working interview". Does anyone know what this entails? I have a license but it's not fully active until i submit a SP. Not to mention I dont have malpractice coverage so I am assuming I shouldn't see patients? what about taking a history but not doing PE?

In the future, I would ask for clarification of what this would entail just to clear up any confusion.  It's likely fine, but I would not agree to seeing patients in any capacity as part of an interview.  If you aren't employed you don't see patients, including "just" doing the history, vitals, whatever.  To do so means that you are part of the patient's care and absolutely could be named in a lawsuit - usually you would be dismissed as a student or similar, but if you are a licensed PA you are NOT a student.  Shadowing is VERY different, and depending on the situation I would be fine with it.

• Upvote 1