2019-2020

On 10/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, LorielD said:

Does anyone know what style interview they do?

You should receive a follow up email soon, but to save you some suspense they do 2 group interviews, 1 individual interview, and a writing portion. There's 3 prompts and you have to answer 2 of them in 15 minutes. There's also an exam called the PA-CAT that they're testing out on the candidates this year, so it DOES NOT COUNT towards your admissions. PA-CAT is something the nation is apparently trying out and possibly replacing the GRE in the future. 

I saw that you're coming from LA, safe travels! I absolutely love LA and may be possibly be going there for an internship next semester! I hope the internship offer goes through, it would be amazing to move out there for a semester. Anyways, CMU is a great place and the staff is super laid back. I interviewed last week and I think you'll have a fun time! Good luck!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chfamily said:

You should receive a follow up email soon, but to save you some suspense they do 2 group interviews, 1 individual interview, and a writing portion. There's 3 prompts and you have to answer 2 of them in 15 minutes. There's also an exam called the PA-CAT that they're testing out on the candidates this year, so it DOES NOT COUNT towards your admissions. PA-CAT is something the nation is apparently trying out and possibly replacing the GRE in the future. 

I saw that you're coming from LA, safe travels! I absolutely love LA and may be possibly be going there for an internship next semester! I hope the internship offer goes through, it would be amazing to move out there for a semester. Anyways, CMU is a great place and the staff is super laid back. I interviewed last week and I think you'll have a fun time! Good luck!!

Thank you so much!!! 

On 10/14/2019 at 7:25 PM, paXproper said:

Does anyone know if the writing portion will be done on a computer? Are we supposed to bring our own computer to the interview portion? 

You do not need a computer for the writing portion, however, you'll need to bring your own laptop for the PA-CAT exam! You'll either be in the morning group or the afternoon group, so they'll let you know if you have to take that exam before or after your interview!

31 minutes ago, aesalina97 said:

Are you talking about emails that went out before the 18th or emails that went out this week?

From what I know three people told me they received acceptance emails the same day (October 18) after the interviews concluded on the 18th. With that being said, I’m assuming the other 5 were sent out as well.