Too many letters of recommendation

I have requested letters of recommendation from 3 people (a PA, a previous manager, and a former professor). The professor has told me that he may not get the letter done in time due to his busy schedule. I asked another professor if she could and she has agreed.

My dilemma is that I know professor 1 will be able to write a much better LOR than professor 2. Let's say that they both end up writing the LORs and get them submitted on time. The schools I am applying to only require 3 LORs. Does anyone know which one would be disregarded? Would it go in the order that I sent the requests out? Or would it go by the order of which the LORs are actually received by CASPA? I wouldn't want professor 2's letter to take the place of professor 1's unless professor 1 were not able to submit the LOR in time.

So you need at least two letters to be submitted before you can even be placed in line to be verified. So that 3rd (or 4th) letter can come while you wait to be verified and for the supplementals to come through. Also, you are allowed maximum of 5! So have professor 2 submit it and request it from professor 1 🙂 

also once they complete it, its updated in the system so there's no like ranking or anything, if that answers your question!

8 minutes ago, bk5991 said:

So you need at least two letters to be submitted before you can even be placed in line to be verified. So that 3rd (or 4th) letter can come while you wait to be verified and for the supplementals to come through. Also, you are allowed maximum of 5! So have professor 2 submit it and request it from professor 1 🙂 

also once they complete it, its updated in the system so there's no like ranking or anything, if that answers your question!

Thank you. That is helpful. I'm just being paranoid.

Just now, sjrack said:

Thank you. That is helpful. I'm just being paranoid.

Totally understandable, just submitted and I had bouts of paranoia too. Also, check out the help center on CASPA, I found it VERY helpful. Tells you everything you need to know about what you can and can't do after you submit to the first school, any changes you can make, what can be pending, and so forth. 🙂 good luck