Yale PA online class of 2022

My name is Leanna, I am the grandma of the group at a lovely age of 57!!!  I live in Lorton, VA (the Washington DC metro area).  Congrats to all so far!  Thanks for starting this new thread..I just found it.  Is there  a FB group as well?   I am not on there very much, however I would join a group if anyone sets one up..I guess I could do that as well..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MY3PUGS said:

OK I just attempted to start a group for us.  Under Yale PA online class of 2022.  Let me know if you find it then you request to join and I will let all in.  Sorry I am not an FB expert in any way.  Anyone feel free to do this better than I have.

You will want to verify acceptance through letters of acceptance or you will end up with random people. No one received letters yet have they?

Yes it's a closed group, I see what you mean.  Again, I'm not that great with FB, if anyone wants to take over speak up.  But yes, that's true I never thought of random people joining, that makes perfect sense.  The only letter so far that I received is the email with the intent to enroll I'm sure we all received that one so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MY3PUGS said:

My name is Leanna, I am the grandma of the group at a lovely age of 57!!!  I live in Lorton, VA (the Washington DC metro area).  Congrats to all so far!  Thanks for starting this new thread..I just found it.  Is there  a FB group as well?   I am not on there very much, however I would join a group if anyone sets one up..I guess I could do that as well..

Hi Leanna! Super stoked to have a non-traditional student in our cohort! (Not just because I was afraid of being "the old one")

Looking forward to knowing more of your story!

8 hours ago, WBTKPK said:

Agree - it should be fairly easy for everyone to at least send you their letter of intent to verify their acceptance for the FB group. Also, I'm Whitney from Washington, DC. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi Whitney this is Leanna from Lorton, VA right around the corner from you!!! 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I'm Sara from Hampton Roads, VA (southeast of Richmond). Leanna and Whitney y'all are close by if you ever want to study together! I was only able to find Stephanie's group and sent in a request. If we are using the other one, could someone post the link? Thank you!

11 minutes ago, SB109 said:

Hi everyone! I'm Sara from Hampton Roads, VA (southeast of Richmond). Leanna and Whitney y'all are close by if you ever want to study together! I was only able to find Stephanie's group and sent in a request. If we are using the other one, could someone post the link? Thank you!

Hi Sara!

It looks like the other group was archived so probably best to just request to join Stephane's group.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:47 AM, Finnigan said:

I searched for the group on Facebook, couldn't find it.

Started one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2363793043833249/

I will happily close this one if one of y'all has another going--i am not an experienced administrator.

For now I will accept any member requests, we can weed any "random" folk out pretty quickly.

I just requested to join....mary Elizabeth 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

I am so elated to have gotten the call this morning from Janie with an offer of a seat for the class of 2022. She informed me that the letter of intent will arrive by the end of today but I am over the moon right now! My name is Jeff Lam, 23. I live in Santa Clara, CA. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Jeff Lam

On 7/20/2019 at 3:06 AM, shirrje21 said:

For those accepted, would you mind sharing your stats ?

also , if any of your prerequisites were online?

Hey Shirrje21, My overall GPA 3.66, science of 3.45, PCE: EMT (1100) Health Technician Sobering Center (1550), Research 280, volunteering 400, leadership (VP of pre-pa club 250). GRE: 319 (V 157:76th p., Q: 162: 80th p, A 4.5 80th p.) Shadowing 50 hours with 3 PAs. Stats only says half of the story as I was asked a lot about my experiences working with the substance abuse population of my community in my PCE. I've interviewed a many schools and theres always a universal theme of what can you bring to our class and program. Find your strengths in your experiences that help you stand out. Stats and essay will get you an interview, but your narrative during the interview will get you that acceptance. Good luck with everything!

On 6/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, MY3PUGS said:

OK I just attempted to start a group for us.  Under Yale PA online class of 2022.  Let me know if you find it then you request to join and I will let all in.  Sorry I am not an FB expert in any way.  Anyone feel free to do this better than I have.

congratulations! I wanted to ask if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to hear back from them for an interview? I'm very nervous. 

• 1 month later...