Absurd job posting online

Stumbled upon this on a recent urgent care job search...HA

Emergency Medicine opening in , Illinois. This and other nurse practitioner jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.comA wonderful locum tenens emergency medicine NP opportunity is now available in Illinois. The facility needs a provider to work varied 12-hour shifts, typically from 4 am - 4 pm. The locum tenens NP will see up to 80 patients per day of all ages, and will be responsible for splints, suturing, joint reductions, I&Ds, and wound care. This facility makes use of the Meditech EMR system. Candidates should be board certified, but board eligible physicians are welcome. ACLS and BLS certifications are required as part of this job's duties. Weatherby will help with all hospital privileging paperwork. The ideal candidate will have an active, unrestricted IL state medical license in hand. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a seasoned group of healthcare professionals who provide high quality medical care. If you have availability in your schedule, give Weatherby a call...

I've seen versions of this posting on several locums agency's web sites and email.  It's poorly written - not uncommon for these sites.  Often these postings are "cut and paste" of some template they have.  What you see may not reflect what the job actually is.  Notice that this one mentions NP's, but then includes language about physicians.  I've even talked to some recruiters who didn't really know about they job they were recruiting for.  So, don't read to much into this ad.

• Upvote 1

The best ads, which I see CONSTANTLY, are something like this:

<clueless recruiting agency name>

Job Description:  "Medical care"

Specialty: "Patient Care"

Job Duties: 

• Assesses patient
  • orders appropriate tests
  • formulates treatment plan
  • <continue inane list of Wikipedia-sourced duties of any generic PA>

The Ideal Candidate:

• uses the standard psychological method of interpersonal communication
  • Works well alone and in teams
  • board certified or board eligible
  • Ten years experience
  •  <insert a list of requirements clearly meant for NPs or MDs and totally irrelevant for PAs>
  • <continue with vague list or more nonsense items that could apply to any profession>

Edited by quietmedic

let me promise you bean counters and administrators don't care. Particularly if said administrator is making money off your work or clawing the way up the corporate ladder on the backs of providers. I recently wrote a blog piece that I am reducing to a position paper on what I call Shared responsibility and liability. It discussing us, the providers, being able to pull an administrator out from under the protective umbrella of their organization and sue them personally and directly for creating policy that harms a patient and puts us at risk professionally.

You can read the whole thing at pasfortomorrow.org. Oh yea...you have to be a member to read the whole thing and all the other blogs but if you like our style consider joining.

Tonight my article on why the NCCPA has become obsolete will be published as well.

• Upvote 2