2019-2020 Application cycle

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats!!! What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?

I’m happy to share. I’m a 2nd time applicant from last year.

CGPA- 3.13
SGPA- 3.07
PreReq GPA- 3.1 (I’m currently taking the psych courses)
Last 60 hours 3.24

GRE-316
Phlebotomist and Scribe hours- 1900
Combat Veteran

I’m old and have a B.S in applied physics. I took a ton of science in undergrad and didn’t always nail it. I’ve basically taken 2 years of post-bacc and each ‘A’ only raises my GPA by .02 ish. I was told during my interview that my essay was amazing and they were really interested in my story.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Madison314 said:

I just got the call that I was accepted from my 10/2 interview!!! I was waitlisted last year and was hoping this time would lead to an acceptance. So excited to attend my dream school! 

Congratulation Madison! I interviewed with you and also got my acceptance call today - I'm so excited to attend and look forward to being in class with you!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Madison314 said:

Yay, that's awesome, Hailey! I'm glad we will be classmates😁

Congratulations to you and everyone who has been accepted so far, that’s so exciting! Could you share what format the interviews were in and how your day was organized? I am interviewing on November 5 and trying to prepare. 🙂 Thanks in advance!

19 minutes ago, lvilla said:

Congratulations to you and everyone who has been accepted so far, that’s so exciting! Could you share what format the interviews were in and how your day was organized? I am interviewing on November 5 and trying to prepare. 🙂 Thanks in advance!

It was a very relaxed atmosphere and super informative from the moment you get there. They give you an overview of the program and curriculum, a presentation of student involvement and activities, a tour, lunch with current students and then one interview with two faculty members. It ended with a quick discussion about cost of the program and finances.  Overall, a casual and enjoyable interview experience! 

15 minutes ago, Madison314 said:

It was a very relaxed atmosphere and super informative from the moment you get there. They give you an overview of the program and curriculum, a presentation of student involvement and activities, a tour, lunch with current students and then one interview with two faculty members. It ended with a quick discussion about cost of the program and finances.  Overall, a casual and enjoyable interview experience! 

That sounds great! Thank you very much, appreciate it!

• Upvote 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:52 PM, EmilyF said:

Just got an email that I was invited for an interview! Scheduled for 11/26. Hopefully have a chance I see that a lot of you have already interviewed way earlier! This was one of my top choice schools so I'm super excited 🙂 Fingers crossed!

Congrats! When did you submit?

On 10/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, haiPA said:

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist yet or have any idea when their interview cycles may end and they might begin pulling from the wait list?

Last year they notified people of they're place on the waitlist in late February or early March. They wait until they have completed all their interviews and filled the class to rank the waitlist.