New Grad Urology Offer

New Grad offer for Men’s Health / urology what are yalls thoughts?

Duties will be clinic, OR time and some hospital rounding.

Base: 90k

On call: 8400k/ year. Contract stipulates “currently about one day a week but is subject to change. You will always have a physician on call with you” I was told one day a week and every 5th weekend until 5pm.

Bonus: up to 20% of my salary. All PAs were eligible for bonus last year. There are certain thresholds of participation in meetings and documentation I must meet.

CME 1.5k. Expected to keep up ACLS and BLS certificates.

Phone: 100 per month 

Malpractice is covered by practice 

15 days PTO 8 company holidays

I was told on phone 3% match 401k but that isn’t in the contract 

50% for new grad Urology is 95k (base + bonus) according to salary report

Looks pretty solid. I always advocate for countering reasonably. I’d ask for 2k and 3-5 days off for CME, and get the 401k language in the contract. With the bonus being there my guess is they wont be willing to budge on salary but you could always ask for 95k. Even if they do nothing other than add the 401k i’d probably still take it. Also if you need medical/dental i would inquire about if thats available and the cost. 

13 hours ago, marktheshark89 said:

Looks pretty solid. I always advocate for countering reasonably. I’d ask for 2k and 3-5 days off for CME, and get the 401k language in the contract. With the bonus being there my guess is they wont be willing to budge on salary but you could always ask for 95k. Even if they do nothing other than add the 401k i’d probably still take it. Also if you need medical/dental i would inquire about if thats available and the cost. 

I appreciate your input. They do provide full benefits. I will for sure ask for 401k to be put into the contract. 

Agree with above. What part of the country is this, I may have missed it in the OP. 

Solid specialty offer for a new grad. Urology or pretty low stress. Should get some good procedure training which could benefit you in the future like vasectomies which can transfer to other employment. 

Get the 401k language. Find out how soon that vests and ask for it to vest from day 1. Counter at 95k plus the bonus. 3 weeks PTO from the first year with 8 holidays is really good for a new hire. With that said asking for more CME days may be a stretch. 

Good luck.

Yeah part of the country is pretty important, just received this the other day for Medford,OR:

"We offer:

* Base compensation of $120,000

* Sign on bonus of $10,000 - $20,000 DOE

* Performance incentives of up to $20,000 per year, starting in year 2

* Relocation assistance of $10,000

* CME annual allotment of $3,000

* 240 hours (30 days) of authorized time off per year

* Excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits

If you are interested in learning more about our position please email your CV to:

Stephanie Lash, Provider Recruiter, at Stephanie.lash@asante.org"

Archived