3 questions about CASPA

I have 3 questions:

1. Where on the CASPA application should you put that you are a member of AAPA?

2. I have a CRLA level 2 tutor certification. Does that count as a professional certification?

3. Should I put down the CRLA certification on my application? It just means that I have attended training to be a better tutor. It's not really related to my desire to be a PA, but that was my community involvement in college (i did both free and paid tutoring)

Thanks!

• Administrator

1. I don't recall a place to put it. But then, I didn't join until I had an acceptance, because it seemed hokey to me to join as an associate member, at the higher rate, as a prospective student.

2. What does CRLA mean? I don't recognize the acronym, so you might want to explain it a bit better--how many hours did it take, was there a test, what did it enable you to do?

3. Possibly. I left off a ton of computer certifications from mine, because they weren't relevant.

I'm applying this cycle too but I've placed my AAPA membership under the "Personal Data" page on the bottom. It's on the FAQ that you should put professional affiliations in that section:

"Registrations and Certifications:Check the “professional certifications” box if you hold any current certifications (CNA, CPR, EMT, etc) and then list these certifications in the “Health Related Training” section of the application.

Check the “professional registrations” box if you are currently a member of a professional organization (American Academy of Physician's Assistants, The American Heart Association, etc) and list these organizations in the “Organization 1, Organization 2” slots below."

Archived