Potential employer asked for my transcript

I am a new grad and just interviewed for a position in family medicine. They have 4 PAs on and a couple have been there for more than 2 years. The doctors who interviewed me just requested for my transcript and the results of my certification exam. This is the first time I have seen this and been told I would never be asked for these things. Is this a red flag that I should be aware of? Or is it standard and I just haven’t had the opportunity to run into yet as a new grad? They did admit they have not taken on a new grad recently and the one time they did, it did not go well. But they also said they are willing to work with me and that they learned from their experience of the previous new grad.

I just was on the job hunting process and interviewed with the VA. They asked for a transcript also which I have never had to do before. I submitted the curriculum which they said was acceptable for consideration for the job but after I was hired they have to contact the school for the official transcript. I got the job offer but eventually turned it down but not because they asked for the transcript.

I have never seen it asked by private companies though including my corporate job. Never had my PANCE scores asked for nor heard anyone else have this come up till now. That's a new one.

I would submit it and see what they say but hope you have other jobs lined up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Nope. My current employer asked for the same thing. Confirm licensure status (easy enough to do online), and then if offered position get transcripts. It was for this reason that I realized I was never posted a letter grade on my FM rotation. After 35+ years it’s too late to argue the point. Never asked for PANCE/PANRE scores. They probably didn’t know enough to ask, or wouldn’t know how to interpret values.

When I applied for my Indiana License their state medical board wanted both a copy of my diploma from PA school and an official transcript mailed directly from the school.  They also wanted both my current NCCPA certification and my original PANCE score.  They also wanted documentation of being in good standing from every other state in which I have a PA or paramedic license.

However, neither my new employer nor the hospital chain wanted anything other than proof of licensure in Indiana.

Archived