online PA schools

I am currently a physics lecturer and want to change my career to PA. I don't have biology background. Even if I manage to take all pre-requisites, I would like to earn PA degree with my current job. I noticed that there is only one program at Yale for online degree. Is there a way to become PA doing evening classes or online courses?

I am currently a physics lecturer and want to change my career to PA. I don't have biology background. Even if I manage to take all pre-requisites, I would like to earn PA degree with my current job. I noticed that there is only one program at Yale for online degree. Is there a way to become PA doing evening classes or online courses?

I was kind of like you in some respects. I got years of EMS experience and did all of my prereqs while I had an unrelated day job. It took some time, but was doable.

PA school is not set up as a part time endeavor at this time. It’s a lot of work. I now teach half-time for a program and see how hard our students work.

The Yale program is kind of an anomaly at this point. I think Wisconsin has something too, but that’s about the extent of it.

I believe there are many part-time NP programs, however students are usually working in nursing roles part of the way through them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even if you attend an online PA school, you CANNOT work during PA school. It is a very heavy workload, it would be extremely difficult (and probably impossible honestly) to do well in your classes while working. So, no. You cannot earn your PA degree while working your current job. Many NP schools have part-time options, but you would have to be earn a BSN first. Some programs offer an accelerated BSN for students who have a bachelor's. You cannot work during that program either though 

There are a handful of part time PA programs that allow you to work year 1 and 2, then yr 3 is a full time clinical year. I did the part time option at Drexel and worked 24-30 hr/week as a paramedic for yr 1 and 2 and full time the summer between yr 1 and 2.

Archived