Supplemental Applications

@UGoLong Some websites I didn't see explicitly mention what is on the supplemental. I am wondering if you know if these schools tend to release certain essay prompts earlier than in April or if we have to wait? Or should I just reach out to the current students?

I would reach out to the general email for the program you are talking about. They should be able to tell you when specific instructions will become available and when your response is required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most do not 'release' prompts early.  Usually they want you to complete CASPA and then you are either directed to the supplemental or sent a specific method of completing it.

Some programs even only offer supplementals to limited applicants (i.e everyone who applies through CASPA will not necessarily be invited to complete a supplemental and be considered for interview).

They can include any variety of information: questions, essays, re-entering your transcript info...whatever the school decides they want.

Some supplementals are within CASPA and can be completed right away. Some supplementals are emailed to you later in the summer. I applied to 15 schools in the 2018-2019 cycle and received supplemental essay questions from 9 programs. A few of the remaining 6 programs chose not to send me a supplemental (basically a rejection) and some of them didn't have a supplemental/the supplemental was in the form of basic questions and payment. Hope this gives you a better idea!

Archived