PA Profesional Opinion on Probiotics

We are Physician Assistant Students at Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY and we are conducting our Masters research thesis concerning the recommendations of probiotics made by Physician Assistants.

Probiotics are a relatively recent topic in clinical practice that’s surrounded by many questions and controversy. Their role and specific purpose in certain clinical scenarios remains up for debate, and often a product of provider preference. While there are many recent studies reflecting physicians’ habits and preferences regarding the recommendation of probiotics to their patients, there has yet to be much information reflecting that of PAs’ in the literature.

It is the aim of this survey to inquire further as to the current opinions, preferences, and practices of PA’s regarding probiotics, and identify any potential hurdles that prevent PA’s from recommending them to their patients.

Please take a moment to fill out our brief survey linked below, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you! 

18 hours ago, Lexapro said:

Why does this bother you? This forum is seriously becoming ridiculous. It sounds like the PA and nursing programs are in the same school at this university. Why is this upsetting exactly?

We are trained in the medical model. They use the nursing model. I'm just glad my PA program was attached to the medical school, which is how I've seen all other PA programs around here 

My school was called "____ ____ ____ of Nursing and Health Professions".  Physician Assistants aren't even mentioned by name.  Imagine how unhappy those students must be.  It probably keeps them up at night.  Imagine, all the PTs, Nutritionists, Counselors and therapists, etc, all being trained in the nursing model.... ?

14 hours ago, Kaepora said:

My school was called "____ ____ ____ of Nursing and Health Professions".  Physician Assistants aren't even mentioned by name.  Imagine how unhappy those students must be.  It probably keeps them up at night.  Imagine, all the PTs, Nutritionists, Counselors and therapists, etc, all being trained in the nursing model.... ?

The horror!

Archived